Installing Bleemsync on Playstation Classic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bxt403

Given the instructions for installing Bleemsync onto the Playstation Classic weren't helpful for me, I felt I should share the information that got everything working.

The USB stick needs to be formatted using the Master Boot Record scheme (the only way I could do it was using Disk Utility on my Mac).  I'm fairly certain Windows won't format to MBR by default (as I couldn't get my USB drive to detect when it was formatted using Windows).

The procedure to log into Bleemsync is also vague:

-after Bleemsync installs onto the PS Classic,  install the Windows Samsung Android or Mac RDNIS driver onto your computer. Format the USB drive from FAT32 to exFAT (copy the Bleemsync files onto it again).

-plug the exFAT Bleemsync USB drive into the PS Classic port 2.  Plug the PS Classic to the computer's USB port with a monitor connected and wait for the LED to turn orange. 

-turn on the PS Classic and wait for the splash screen to load where Bleemsync or Retroarch can be selected and don't select either (just leave it at that point).

-go the Bleemsync UI webpage on the computer's browser (you might need to wait a few seconds and will need to reload the webpage until it appears).  I could only get it working using my Mac and Safari (using Mojave and the latest version of Safari) while the webpage wouldn't work on my Windows 10 tablet with the Edge browser.

The games need to be on the computer's hard drive/SSD and then need to be loaded into the PS Classic USB drive via the web browser UI.  That is- you have to transfer them from the computer hard drive/SSD to the PS Classic's USB drive.  Having the internet connected will allow the BleemsyncUI to automatically fetch the metadata and artwork for the games that get loaded onto it.  Be sure to hit the second "Add Game" button at the bottom of the right column (below where the artwork and metadata appear) after the game's bin and cue files are selected from the computer's hard drive.  You'll see a progress bar appear that'll show the game's loading onto the PS Classic's USB drive.

It took me two days of research to sort everything through.  Technically: the entire process only took around 5 minutes (excluding loading the games onto the USB drive/PS Classic), once I figured everything out.

:)

Back