Is there a common cause for rising antisemitism and historic racism?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you not doing the same thing here?

So, if their comments do not fit in your narrative then they must be indoctrinated fascists?

I'm using the sledge hammer. Sometimes it's needed, especially when minds are closed due to propaganda. I've been studying the Un-American Activities Act from 1938. Freedom of speech? Yeah, right. Anything that doesn't smell like the committee likes, is deemed "Un-American". And that law is still standing. Even the legislation from before WWI is still standing. Like Joseph McCarthy is still alive. That's not freedom of speech...

Before WWII, fascists were a protected species (the Bush family, fi, that contemplated a coup more than once). When communists protested nazi meetings, it was the commies who got arrested. Even after the USA entered WWII, fascists were still left alone, while many, many others (people of Asian descent, fi), were arrested and tortured. So don't tell me there are no fascists in the USA.

There are only two nations in the entire world were kindergarten kids are made to salute the nation's flag and swear allegiance to the nation every morning: the USA and North-Korea. Even Russia and China have stopped that practice many years ago...

I'm using the sledge hammer. Sometimes it's needed, especially when minds are closed due to propaganda. I've been studying the Un-American Activities Act from 1938. Freedom of speech? Yeah, right. Anything that doesn't smell like the committee likes, is deemed "Un-American". And that law is still standing. Even the legislation from before WWI is still standing. Like Joseph McCarthy is still alive. That's not freedom of speech...

Before WWII, fascists were a protected species (the Bush family, fi, that contemplated a coup more than once). When communists protested nazi meetings, it was the commies who got arrested. Even after the USA entered WWII, fascists were still left alone, while many, many others (people of Asian descent, fi), were arrested and tortured. So don't tell me there are no fascists in the USA.

There are only two nations in the entire world were kindergarten kids are made to salute the nation's flag and swear allegiance to the nation every morning: the USA and North-Korea. Even Russia and China have stopped that practice many years ago...
Using a sledge hammer is not acceptable discourse. You seem to have an alternate world view compared to multiple US posters here. One might suggest you are the one believing anti-US propaganda, but I can't read your mind.

JR

You can lead the mule to the water, but you can't make it drink...

Every fact in there is historical. So please check your history.

......When communists protested nazi meetings, it was the commies who get arrested.

So, are you telling me that the democrats did not protest and get arrested?

I am certainly not a fan of nazis but why should I care about the commies? They were not any better than the fascists.

Last edited:
You implied it. Otherwise why bring it up at all? Why note that cyrano has "an alternate world view compared to multiple US posters here" at all?
Methinks you completely misunderstood the point and overreacted. JR was simply stating that there are other viewpoints here, not that there's a single hivemind in the US.

Lmao i would love to hear more about what's happening in Philadelphia from THIS guy, go on bud
I'm in Philly quite often. Is THIS guy telling me there's not a problem? Go on bud.. I mean, it's great if you want to ignore that there's a problem. Camden NJ isn't much better. In fact, I often volunteer to help feed the homeless. How about you BUD?

https://generocity.org/philly/2023/...d-phillys-18-unsheltered-homeless-population/

https://whyy.org/articles/philadelphia-youth-homelessness-by-the-numbers/

Last edited:
100-200$ a day. How many of these victims are out there?

Quite a big economy. Now tell me all of these are bad people...

Cyrano,

I do not mean to be offensive but I think you are really distorting things here. I am not defending fallout as he is well capable of defending himself, but the guy is saying he often volunteers to help feed homeless. Why would you ask him if the thinks they are bad people? If they were, do you think that he would volunteer?

I have huge compassion for those who are caught up in drug addiction, and I do not see anybody here saying that they are bad people either. But this still does not absolve them from their own errors and mistakes. It all starts recreationally but ends up on the streets.

So, are you telling me that the democrats did not protest and get arrested?

I am certainly not a fan of nazis but why should I care about the commies? They were not any better than the fascists.

Capitalism isn't free of flaws either. The difference with fascism is that neither capitalism nor communism exclude democracy. Fascists by definition do exclude democracy. They want a strong leader. To disguise their fascism, German fascists had "social" in their party name. That seems to have duped many Germans.

Unfortunately, communism easily turns into fascism. Putin, fi, is not a communist. Nor a democrat. And while the CCP in China has lifted the Chinese from poverty and provided work, healthcare and education, they face a real problem now: the call for democracy. The Chinese have been given some capitalism, but now they want democracy.

In the period I was referring to (pre WWII), some republicans and even a few democrats were part of the fascist movement. It's not important. What's important, is the gov reaction. Despite being at war with fascism already, the US govt decided the commies were the problem and the fascists were mostly left alone. I wonder how many ended up in the military and other agencies. In any case, many communists were arrested and held for a while. Sometimes for years. The same happened to people of Asian descent

Needless to say the fascists went underground by the end of WWII.

Cyrano,

I do not mean to be offensive but I think you are really distorting things here. I am not defending fallout as he is well capable of defending himself, but the guy is saying he often volunteers to help feed homeless. Why would you ask him if the thinks they are bad people? If they were, do you think he would volunteer.

I have huge compassion for those who are caught up in drug addictions, and I do not see anybody here saying that they are bad people either. But this still does not absolve them from their own errors and mistakes. It all starts recreationally but ends up on the streets.

Thanks, man. It wasn't meant as a diss on Fallout. In fact, it was the first thing I registered.

It's an honest question. There are bad people. I just think the vast majority of the homeless in the vid are people like you and me. They just struck bad luck. It also showed me Fentanyl is coming in on a heritage of diverse drugs. But I wasn't there. He was. Or is.

The question came up because I seem to remember a remark from a while back that most of the homeless have to blame themselves for being in the sh*t they are in. Under the guise of "My life is going fine, but then I've worked for it".

And since addiction is hereditary, I see no reason to start with blaming the victim. Some fall for Fentanyl, some get addicted to TV, or chocolat, or...

You still did not answer my question.

Why should I care about communists?

Why ask me what or who you care about?

I'm just trying to set a common starting point. In sé, capitalism, communism and even fascism are good. They all strive for a better world. They all promise a better world for all. And they all derail in reality...

If you want, I'll give you a real life account of how I learned to love the local stalinists... :cool:

Thank you too.

I know that the vast majority of people are like you and me and the addiction "can be" hereditary, but as I said this still does not absolve them from their own errors and mistakes. Just to make clear again that I am not kicking them and neither anybody else here, they are already on the ground, and it is terrible. But at the same time we have to be fair with the distribution of responsibility here.

However, I am signing off just now as I am about to leave to attend a funeral tomorrow in another city. So, I'll continue the discussion on my return.

It's an honest question. There are bad people. I just think the vast majority of the homeless in the vid are people like you and me.
if you’ve ever interacted with homeless (or addicts), you’d understand that the vast majority are not like you or me. Mental issues seem to be prevalent.
They just struck bad luck. It also showed me Fentanyl is coming in on a heritage of diverse drugs. But I wasn't there. He was.
Simple bad luck would be the exception and easier to address. If you personally know any addicts, many of them have mental issues that are amplified by drug use.

A lot of them are good people and are quite intelligent. Dealing with mental issues is easier said than done. Unfortunately, I lost one of my childhood friends recently for this reason. You can lead a horse to water but…

Latest posts

Back