Just Picked up new Donor mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gus,
thank you for all of the help here.  The soldering work is actually pretty poor in some places so I'll get the old head magnifier out and check all of the solder points.  I've also noticed that the cleaning of the PCB's was not very thorough so obviously quality control at the shop which built this was not very tight.  I'll go through the mic with a fine tooth comb and post some better photos  of the PCBs front and back.  I've never had a mic that had to warm up after every pattern switch before so maybe something is messed up with the DC to DC converter board or it's connections.  Back on page 1 the photo of the switch board shows a poor quality solder joint that I haven't messed with so I'll re-work that too.  If it starts working correctly I'll take voltage readings.  I have an MK47 and an MK12 capsule in stock I can put in it to try as well.  I'll let this mic spend a little time in intensive care before it goes to the morgue.
Thanks again,

Barry

Latest posts

Back