K&M Mic stand parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saint gillis

Hello I'm not sure if this post is relevant, it's certainly not electronics, but I'm sure many people here faced this kind of problem.
I'm looking for this part for K&M Microphone stands :

IMG_1419.JPG 1673700397103.png

The female thread is dead so I need the hole part, the knob is easily available but this specific part is hard to find.

If you have a buddy who does some machinist work have him make a replacement piece out of aluminum or stainless. Need a "buddy" as probably not worth it to pay going shop rates. If original is a solid (not cast) metal you *might* be able tig weld the original hole up and redrill/tap.

I have several of those stands with the same problem, stripped threads. We drill a new hole on the other side, tap it with the same thread size and reuse the threaded knob. Works great.

Sometimes you get a siezed or broken grub screw on a pot shaft , theres often no option but to try and drill it out ,
theres no way you'd risk damaging a custom switch wafer or some rare taper pot by using force ,
A set of lidl taps and die's has covered my requirements without breakages for years , the standard box only goes to M3 ,
I must grab a few finer thread taps , in the M1.5 ,M2,M2.5 , really usefull for doing the pcb mountings in mics and other sub-miniature applications.

Thomann has some K&M spare parts, search the website and maybe they have it.
You can also send them an email enquiring for that part, they are normally very helpful and can get some parts that are not listed in the website.

Besides that you have 2 options, or you buy the whole upper harm assembly, Thomann sells that or you they to fix that part.

For fixing if the problem is the thread, it’s as simple as doing a new hole and use a Male Tap do do a new thread

Latest posts

Back