• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

LA2A point-to-point Partial Parts Kit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewF

Hi all,

Having spent a while acquiring these parts for a point-to-point LA2A build based on Cayacosta's documentation, I've come to realise that I wouldn't have the space to house such a device in a useable fashion, so sadly the bits I've gathered have to go! (It's not all bad though – I have one of Mr Purpose's 500 series LA3A projects on the go to fill the gap!)

Everything included in the sale is listed on the PDF (link below), including details of where I got it and how much I paid. (I'm just looking to get my money back on this.) The big components which you'll need to add are the I/O transformers, T4B and front panel. (The original panel from the Hammond enclosure is not included). There are also a number of standard resistors, a few common caps, some 1N4007s and a couple of XLRs required. The PDF is based on Cayacosta's BOM, so it should be clear what extra parts will be required in order to complete the build. (All the items highlighted in green are included.) Everything is either new or NOS unless otherwise noted on the PDF. If anyone's wondering about the valve compliment, the 12AY7 is intended to be used in position V1 as per the recommendations of our own Mr CJ.

I'm looking for £315 (plus Paypal fees if applicable) for this bundle. All together it weighs just over 4Kg. Insured and tracked postage within mainland UK is an extra £28. I'm happy to get quotes for international shipping if required. Of course, collection from London, UK is also welcome!

PDF list of contents: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhtgxnrbfow8ptg/LA2A%20Bundle.pdf
Please click on the photos below for bigger images.

Cheers!

Matthew

If it makes a difference to any would be buyers, I can probably pull together the remaining resistors, caps, diodes and XLRs and throw them in for free. Surely someone here wants to do an LA2A the proper way..?  ;)

Hi all,

I've pulled together the remaining resistors, caps diodes and XLRs from spares and am happy to include them at no extra cost. I'm also willing to sell without the chassis for £285 which may help if you already have a chassis and / or want to save on shipping!

Cheers,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

would it be possible to upload the PDF again?

Im looking for some parts (tag/turret boards) and you mentioned that you stated in the PDF where you got those parts.

Thanks and best regards,

Anders

Latest posts

Back