Looking for a UK Tech - Zenner Limiter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LNS

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK Tech who'd be able to look at a DIY Racked Zen limiter for me and troubleshoot.

I built this limiter last year and I just can't get it working properly, it passes audio when in bypass but as soon as I switch the limiter in it's doing very little gain reduction which is due to everything below 1k just disappearing.

I've never been defeated by a DIY project before but as DIY Racked won't supply me with a schematic I've finally admitted defeat and I'm looking for someone who can get it up and running.

If there are any UK techs out there who'd be interested in taking a look and give me a quote please get in touch. If there's anyone around the West Midlands even better as I'd prefer to drop the unit off if possible.

Thanks

Ahh this is frustrating. So what’s the deal when you buy this, is it a kit, or does it come populated?

Can you find an original copy if EMI’s circuit? That might give some hints.

Have you gone through each component and do you know they are all correct and in the correct orientation?

Someone give last time schematic to this compressor, you must search better...

DIY Racked is the guy who was banned from here because he was stealing member's designs for his own financial profit?

Last edited:
Dynamic processor/Dr zen2...post from 14 mar this year....

Last edited:
DIY Racked is the guy who was banned from here because he was stealing member's designs for his own financial profit?
Wow!
Seems like he didn't even steal "correctly" that DIY Racked guy.
And of course not willing to share what he stole: "but as DIY Racked won't supply me with a schematic" @ LNS should report this guy on the net, so others don't get caught.
A kit of this comp should be relatively easy to paint by numbers and get it to work first time.
Don't you think?
M

Well I might be wrong but I think it's a guy that he used to hang out here as "purusha" or something like that. I'm pretty sure he's still around though :)

After many many months of asking for it I finally have a schematic!

I just need to find some time to work through it (and possibly invest in a scope) but ideally I'd just like give it to a tech to sort out as I'm pretty frustrated with the whole experience and just want this thing working.

Someone give last time schematic to this compressor, you must search better...
That's the schematic I posted ;)

Attachments

• ZEN2_SCH_PUBLIC.pdf
    807.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back