M610 Microphone Pre schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin

Sorry about this but I came in late and missed the posting of the M610 schematic. Can someone please email it to me or tell me where it's posted. The original post seems to have expired.

my email is

[email protected]

Thanks

Hi CJ, thanks...
I've seen this schemo before...  I compared to a new LA-610 and it's completely different inside... I haven't seen the solo 610 yet but I'll take a look if I can this week.  Any idea where to get that output trafo?

hi CJ,
maybe i'm not welcome here, :-\
cause the link ask me for a password
can it be possible to have it please ?

mitsos said:
Hi CJ, thanks...
I've seen this schemo before...  I compared to a new LA-610 and it's completely different inside... I haven't seen the solo 610 yet but I'll take a look if I can this week.  Any idea where to get that output trafo?

could u draw the solo 610' schematic and post it here? thank you!!!!
i really need it , someone say that it's very different with the original la610 and modern la610. it seems CJ's schematic is the original one....

CJ said:
They are so into software, so WTH, over?

http://vacuumbrain.com/docs/topsecret/au.html

thanks CJ!!!!!!!!!!
i've got it!
is it a original la610's schematic?
someone say that if i plugged a modern microphone into the original la610, it would sound like running a mike into a Big Muff Pi, not something you would use on a recording.
so i think i need to find the modern la610' schematic....

i know a handmade transform expert, if you need ,i can let him to do the transform clone which used in la610, and the price is so cheap. we help each other friendly...

Why mess with the grainy 12AX stuff, go for the  microphonic German Pentode crap.
:)

In otherwords, The Redd 47, which is also available.

Which is also available but watch your back, those Abby Road thugs were back at AES.

Them and Eve Anna would make a great Tag team at the Western Conference Finals this weekend in Pomonomomonaa.

CJ said:
Why mess with the grainy 12AX stuff, go for the  microphonic German Pentode crap.
:)

In otherwords, The Redd 47, which is also available.

Which is also available but watch your back, those Abby Road thugs were back at AES.

Them and Eve Anna would make a great Tag team at the Western Conference Finals this weekend in Pomonomomonaa.
CJ,
:) i think i really like 12ax, it's my cup of tea, haahaaa...
have u made a clone of original la610 showed in your schematic? does it sound just like a big muff when plug in a modern mike (just like Shure sm57 sm58 & so on) ?

Build the circuit then start messin with the input transformer ratio.

Hinson was tellin me that the 610 circuit was sensitive to input transformer ratios.

Makes sense, as the ratio changes, the Z changes, which can change the tone a  bit.

The output is no big deal, just a standard 4:1 ought to work.

If you do use the 12AX stuff, you certainly have a bigger selection of brands and vintages to pick from, just don't use the new stuff, unless someone else here says it's cool.
t

CJ said:
Build the circuit then start messin with the input transformer ratio.

Hinson was tellin me that the 610 circuit was sensitive to input transformer ratios.

Makes sense, as the ratio changes, the Z changes, which can change the tone a  bit.

The output is no big deal, just a standard 4:1 ought to work.

If you do use the 12AX stuff, you certainly have a bigger selection of brands and vintages to pick from, just don't use the new stuff, unless someone else here says it's cool.
t
thanks CJ!
the input transformer is 50:50k, i think it's so high, and i think the 50 input impedance is unconformity for modern mike. maybe use 600:50k is better. is it right?
my friend who is a handmade-transformer expert will help me to make a output transformer showed in the schematic, i hope it can sound good...

haha! i have some RCA & Sovtek 12ax7 tube, i hope it's fairish.....:)

Why not build a MILA? Many have said they sound very close to the modern UA610 that you seem to be looking to build. It's an easy project put together by a forum member that knows a thing or two about vintage tube gear.

My Solo 610's came with Cinemag inputs. The Mila sounds great. Alot like it. The Solo's look nice if you buy one. But I was to build something I would choose the Mila in a second.

a good news! one of my friend will borrow me his morden la610 to copy the schmatic! hahah!!
and, abby , i will do MILA first, i hope it can start next week! and the la610 maybe start at the end of this month!

a question! do u konw what kind of output transformer do the morden la610 use? is it same as the original la610? 30k:600?
thanks!
AmpSim

Latest posts

Back