MXR Flanger 18v Conversion

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I have seen that it is possible to convert a vintage MXR Flanger from 110v AC to 18v DC. Are there any schematics, videos or write ups out there? I started using mine on my pedal board recently and not needing a second outlet would be really convenient.

Thanks for the schematic! It is the 117. It looks like I would bypass the internal transformer and the rectifying diodes then I guess send 18v into the voltage regulator?

i would do it like this, thus incorperating(sp) a protection diode for reverse polarity for free,

you would have to pull the xfmr.

if you do not want to pull the xfmr, then pull the diodes and splice into the diode hole that feeds the reg. (across c24)

dang i just ate some octopus shusi,

yeah that xfmr sec dcr will steal all your wall wart power.

diode will drop 0.6 vdc but reg should have enough headroom plus those pwr supplies usually run high due to poor regulation.

if you can not find an 18 dvc wall wart you could use 18 VAC if that cap will handle 25 volts dc. if using ac, splice into the transformer secondary. DC would be better for low hum,

you can splice in directly or get a dc adapter from

https://lovemyswitches.com/
but your adapter plug must be standard size.

mxr.jpg

Attachments

• MXR 117 Service Schematic Reprint.pdf
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back