Mystery EFT Compressor-EQ Unit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It means that the input is configurable.
If you want it balanced, you must fit components B, D & E.
If you want unbalanced, you must fit components A & C.
But it's somewaht silly, because as much as I look, I can't find component B, and components D & E should be there in any case.

ok i think i understand - looking at the unit it does not seems like the components referring to the Balanced option are there, so this was configured as  A & C - I guess if I could try to modify and I wonder if that would solve the 6 dB drop -

Also I will look at your earlier suggestions about resistor values change - this unit has a lot of potential and it is a fine studio EQ with lots of character and precise dialing, the fact that the signal comes out very clean will allow me to compensate the volume drop by boosting the gain stage on the board or compressing/boosting after the EQ.

Overall this has been a very good project and I would definitely try to get more of these units next spring when I go to Italy.

Well so I just mixed a song and must say that the EQ on the lead vocals kicked ass ! The drop didn't even seem to happen, did not deteriorate the sound, very usable unit....

NOW THE BAD NEWS.... the compressors are noisy as hell... not usable this way in a mix, aside form the Marti compressor i have these are the noisiest...

So I'm gonna have to try to put a trafo on those as well... the schematic do not call for it so I'm not sure what will happen to the sound but if I can manage to clean them up they do sound good and have character, they are to me way better than a dbx 166 or way better sounding than my Drawmer 1960...

sage

Latest posts

Back