Neotek Series 1 wiring question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gareth33

Hi everyone

I’m currently wiring up the studio with everything on TT patchbay.

We have a Series 1 with unbalanced direct outs and line inputs on each channel.

I’ve been thinking about how to wire the connections, I have a bunch of TRS jacks I’d like to use (don’t have enough TS jacks) so if I go two conductor wires plus shield from the TT bay to TRS at the Neotek end, and wire tip hot, ring empty, and tie the drain wire and negative conductor on the sleeve, is this ok and going to work?

I also wondered whether I need to leave the shield floating at the TT patchbay end.

I have signal going both ways for inputs and outputs.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I’m currently wiring up the studio with everything on TT patchbay.

We have a Series 1 with unbalanced direct outs and line inputs on each channel.

I’ve been thinking about how to wire the connections, I have a bunch of TRS jacks I’d like to use (don’t have enough TS jacks) so if I go two conductor wires plus shield from the TT bay to TRS at the Neotek end, and wire tip hot, ring empty, and tie the drain wire and negative conductor on the sleeve, is this ok and going to work?

Thanks for any advice in advance
It’ll work as long as the sleeve terminal on the console jack extends far enough past the ring on the TRS plug to contact the sleeve. You may be able to look under the console and insert a plug to check visually. I have a 1e that I cut down to a 10-channel sidecar, but I made a new rear panel and wired it all to a couple of Elcos. I’ll look when I get home to see if I still have the rear panel stashed somewhere and can check if you can’t see yours from underneath.

I don’t have the shield floating on my ‘bay, and haven’t run into any issues.

Hey there, thanks for your reply.

This was my main query really, whether the jack will extend in far enough that the it will make contact with the shield pin, I don't want to open up the console really and don't have nay sockets lying around.

Latest posts

Back