New DIY'er & a Nice Tube Mic-Pre (G9?)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alo Iain
welcome to the point of no return.
as for suppliers:
farnell,rs components,banzai(not uk),muzikding(germany),and more.
you will love the g9.
go to meta-meta at the top of the page,and read all about the g9 and related,and only after reading start buying.
best regards
pedro

Everyone seems to love the G9 :thumb:
But I'd also like to nominate the NEWYORKDAVE Two Bottle if you are into tackling a point to point DIY (which to me is more satisfying than buying a PC board and stuffing it). I finished mine about a week ago and to me it sounds incredible....also it's very quiet (as far as noise and hum) and that's with AC on the heaters!
Just my 2 cents :wink:
Freddy :sam:

Welcome, mate. Nice to hear that you´re :grin: all day. That´s exactly how I looked when I heard my basstracks which I recorded last week through my G9. :thumb:
I love it.

Jakob is da man :thumb:

Has anybody built a G9 with a big fat unreg supply such as the slowblo supply(set to the correct voltage - 245V, of course).
Gyraf :!: - What's your views on this :?:

The amplifier sections dosn't have a lot of PSRR, so you need a very quiet supply.

But yes, it can be done - just not economically or compact.

Jakob E.

[quote author="Freddy G"]Everyone seems to love the G9 :thumb:
But I'd also like to nominate the NEWYORKDAVE Two Bottle if you are into tackling a point to point DIY (which to me is more satisfying than buying a PC board and stuffing it). I finished mine about a week ago and to me it sounds incredible....also it's very quiet (as far as noise and hum) and that's with AC on the heaters!
Just my 2 cents :wink:
Freddy :sam:[/quote]

i am not allowed to use person directed insults here, but if i could i would question the legitamacy of your birth (bastard) :wink:

i have only just found the G9, and now i have 2bottles to make aswell :grin:

point to point's not a worry, made my son a 15 watt p2p a while back, screwed it up compleatly, sounds ok, but used way to thick a wire in it, think i could run it off the national grid rather than 240V :shock:

then i have ssl's, la's, you do know i am going to have the coolest 'studio' in bolton by the time you lot have finished with me :green:

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :sam: :sam: :sam: :guinness: :guinness: :sam: :thumb:

Hi Iain,
Hey, Bolton's a place I know quite well. It's not far from where I grew up, Swinton to be exact.
Lived in California since 1989 but get back quite frequently.
Iain, is that pronounced the same as Ian? I have a brother named Ioin but that's by the by.
Anyway, welcome :grin:

grew up near london, got so drunk in october 1989 that i woke up outside a church in bolton one tues morning, never looked back, yea its pronounced ian.

so much stuff so little money, this place makes the SAWstudio site look unwelcoming, they only offer coffee, here you get beer ...... now wheres the solder :?:

[quote author="lofi"]grew up near london, got so drunk in october 1989 that i woke up outside a church in bolton one tues morning[/quote]

Hah, that'll learn ya!
I got so drunk myself one day in October 1989 that I ended up flying from Manchester to Los Angeles and then hopping on a Greyhound bus to San Fransisco to meet up with a lovely girl I'd met while on tour.

Three ex-wives later I'm still here :?

Latest posts

Back