New member in Florida

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorunrun

GDIY Supporter
Hello to the group! Recently I got an opportunity to do some audio work to be broadcast over shortwave radio. I have some equipment from when my wife and her friends wanted to produce a CD of their drumming circle songs. This was easily 20 years ago. I have a Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer and a mishmash of microphones and accessories. So the radio opportunity gave me a chance to drag out the old gear and see what I could do with it in this digital era.

I'm a retired TV/Radio engineer. I worked in public broadcasting with University of Florida. Later hopped over to IT support.

I came across this group while trying to repair an Ashly SC-50 compressor/limiter. But that's another story.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas and getting up to date!

Thanks, Brian!
BTW, I'm a big fan of Kansas Public Radio's "Retro Cocktail Hour" and their broadcasts from the Underground Martini Bunker!

I discovered it listening to Radio New Zealand's Pacific service over shortwave radio. I would hear it here in Florida on Sunday morning about 6am local time. RNZ comes in very well here. Shortwave listening and amateur radio are long time hobbies. Which reminds me there are some very good music programs available on shortwave. Shortwave broadcaster WRMI here in Florida carries a few of them.

Anyway Retro Cocktail Hour has an active group on FB and the show is streamed, so it's easy to stay in touch.

Back