New OLD Member Introvert Introduction

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert

GDIY Supporter
Hi

I noticed that perhaps I cant start a new message because I never post. Or maybe people just don't want to respond haha...

Anyway I'm Jon, not Gilbert, my old band would rehearse on Gilbert St here in CT. I'm a long time member, but I never post anything really. I take and take and never give. It's mainly because I generally hate the internet as a means of socializing, but it's also because of the overwhelming level of knowledge on this forum combined with my general anxiety.

I got interested in opening up gear to see how it ticks back in the late 90s with a Soundcraft studio spirit. I picked the brain of a local older engineer friend about upgrading the amps from TL0 to something BB or whatever.. I don't think it made a difference. Since I play extremely loud music I'm not sure I could hear the difference anyway.

Fast forward to Seventh Circle audio kits. I built 2 of them ( Someone can buy them off me cheap if they want) That boosted my confidence with a soldiering iron. Did some circuit bending of pedals to turn them into noise making devices. Saw an old build your own LA2a Doc, then I found Groupdiy!

Since joining here I have built too many pieces to mention. I can say thank you thank you thank you to all that made it possible. I can say my 2 favorites that I use in my studio on every session would be the red pcb 1081 ( that was a learning experience well worth ) and the Pico compressor...

Well nice to meet you all.

Jon

Last edited:
Howdy from a fellow nutmeger! I might be interested in your seventh circle pres, but I am unsure how to message you.

Back