• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale 2 x 33609 clones original transformers and line amps knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tardishead

Hi all
I might be barking up the wrong tree here but I thought I would make this available to this community before I split up for parts and sell on Ebay or Reverb
These are 2 33609 clones I built 20 years ago or more before there were any kits or builds available. I made my own PCBs copied from original scans of artwork. All transformers are original Neve. The 31267 types in one unit were not period correct but the older Marinair type. Everything else is period correct. I built them in some old broadcast chassis that a friend at ABC Australia gave me. As you can see in my eagerness to get them racked up and used I did not quite finish the backplates. The chassis work is a little rough and ready but it works. Needs a little attention here and there. I used these for years and thought they sounded awesome. IIRC there is a mistake on the compressor release times. The first 2 times are too fast but the rest are good. I never got round to doing the finishing work on these because they were always being used in the studio for every session.
If anyone is interested please make me a serious offer. There is over £3k of parts here alone as I'm sure you will know. And if you wish to keep them as is they require a little work and you will have some great sounding compressors. PM me
thumbnail_IMG_2936.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2935.jpg IMG_2941.jpegIMG_2943.jpegIMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2938.jpegIMG_2940.jpeg

Latest posts

Back