Newbie question, Do I need i Direct Box?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olegarich said:
metalb00b00 it's not about that. Imagine you playin venue sharing stage with 6 bands having short time for line check.  So you gonna come and say here is my audio interface that need to be pluged in to your line input? when guys wired all snakes and stuff, well even if they will it gonna take you a bloody time that you could spend for checking sound. Thats why i want to make this bloody box to give them signal with right level and impedance so they could plug in to the same mic in and no messing around with repluging and all the stuff.
Interesting! Little by little, the picture is getting clearer. Why didn't yiou say all that in your first post?

I understand the hectic situation you described (I have toured as a main FOH engineer in 30 cities for a 24/7 non stop live performance with more than just 6 bands playing), so I have to agree with Andy Peters, you should have your own sub mixer if you're planning to patch in more than just a stereo mix from your audio interface.

But if it's only a stereo mix, the 2 track line input/stereo tape return or a spare 2 channels on the main FOH console is all you need really...

Usually the engineer will ask for a complete rundown of your usual setup and performance, and you wouldn't have to bother yourself with impedance matching, etc., because that's his/her job.

Latest posts

Back