One-Tube Opto Comp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will not work on my side of the great pond. ;)

Two back to back transformers will do. Like the one Jacob did for his G9. I had designed a PCB for it (over 10 years ago). I still have some left. It was designed for a particular PCB mount transformer that I have but an off-the shelf with 2 x115 : 2 x 18 can also be used. Both the LV and HV outputs are fused.

TX_PCB_1.jpg

However, this thread reminded me an article in an old Audio magazine that I had. I scanned it today. Hope it stimulates something.

Attachments

• Tube_Compressor.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Two back to back transformers will do. Like the one Jacob did for his G9. I had designed a PCB for it (over 10 years ago). I still have some left. It was designed for a particular PCB mount transformer that I have but an off-the shelf with 2 x115 : 2 x 18 can also be used. Both the LV and HV outputs are fused.

View attachment 116333

However, this thread reminded me an article in an old Audio magazine that I had. I scanned it today. Hope it stimulates something.
Very cool! I knew this wasn’t a novel idea, but funny to see something so similar from so long ago. Did the “Raysistor” predate the Vactrol?

Ok, made a few more tweaks. Is this the correct way to use the CCD? How do I determine the bias voltage on the grid or the voltage on the cathode? I have a feeling that the 50V limit on that diode is not going to be enough. Does anyone have any good resources where I can learn more about using a CCD as a current source in this kind of circuit?
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 10.23.14 AM.png

Latest posts

Back