Poctop VF14 Coming Soon

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 'inside information' that Telefunken is planning to recreate a VF14.
Now let's hope that it will be a real one, not a glass tube inside the housing of a metal tube, like they did before...

Anyone wanna wager how that they’ll charge for it; after the $30k 670?
I don't see any way it could be anything but quite expensive. Beyond the fact that the price for an original is equivalent to a boat payment or an actual small boat, I doubt there is a wide enough market to support a big run of these

I have 'inside information' that Telefunken is planning to recreate a VF14.
Now let's hope that it will be a real one, not a glass tube inside the housing of a metal tube, like they did before...
No way, really. They can ask some vaccum tube factories to do it (how many left worldwide?), but they will not build a factory to do them themselves.

Also, to my guess, a 701 production would be more interesting and more profitable. I wonder how many top mic brands would love to buy them...

No way, really. They can ask some vaccum tube factories to do it (how many left worldwide?), but they will not build a factory to do them themselves.

Also, to my guess, a 701 production would be more interesting and more profitable. I wonder how many top mic brands would love to buy them...
THIS.
AC701 would be way more useful.

Reading a summary on the Telefunken steel tube manufacturing, it seems very unlikely that the VF14 could be recreated. I'm assuming the 701 would be more realistic to get manufactured.

..this theme comes up on a regular basis, some tech-optimists thinking "how hard could it be, it's old technology"

But I think the making of really good audio/signal tubes is pretty much a lost art
This and if someone somehow manages to do it, it will be incredibly expensive. I can't really see the point. I'm happy about every tube that rises from the dead, but it has to remain affordable, otherwise the existing alternatives are much more interesting. Tubes for microphones usually means selection.

Back