Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bruno2000 said:
Thanks for the updates!  I'll bet the only folks who are upset are those who have never tried anything like you guys did.
Best,
Bruno2000
Yes I must echo this sentiment; it's one thing to do a great job on a one-off; quite another when you are dealing with making a bunch. This becomes small-batch manufacturing, and running into snags where the other houses lag behind or fail to communicate is very possible.

It's all "growing pains" and for future batches our buddies here will know better who to use and time-frames will be more nailed-down. Like anything else in life it's a learning experience.

I'm thrilled with the quality of the bodies I have seen in the photos, and will be honored to make a place for it when it's ready on the 3rd run.

Thanks Eric and Rig.

Mike

EDIT: BOTH MIC BODIES ARE SOLD!

Hello all,

I paid for two mic bodies some time ago, but have since completed two M49-style mics using the Tab-Funkenwerk bodies (http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=55012.msg702173#msg702173). Therefore, I'm hoping to sell the Riggler bodies. Ideally, whomever wants to buy them would send payment to me via PayPal, and I would then have the mic bodies shipped directly to the interested person by Riggler/Tskguy. The bodies are not complete yet, as far as I know. Essentially, you'd be buying my place in line…. I'd sell them as a pair, or split them up.

If anyone is interested please PM me.  I'll do this on a first-come, first-served basis, conditioned upon on me receiving the PM and PayPal payment.

Thanks for your consideration,
Scott

Hi Riggler and Tskguy,

Member Stratosphunk has paid me for one of the mic bodies. He will contact you directly to pay the additional cost for international shipping. Could you please update the list to reflect this?

If anyone else would like to buy the remaining mic body please send a PM. See my post above for details.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi guys,

As I stated earlier, I will add additional people that want bodies after we are done fulfilling paid orders. (That means after we get the ones the postal service has...) 

I just got done boxing up the 20 bodies I had here. I am going to print the shipping labels and they will go out either tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday at the latest. I have an orchestra gig tomorrow, so I am hoping I can get some time in to ship out tomorrow.

Eric is sending me 5 more bodies, and again I will ship those out as soon as I get them!

Hi Riggler,

User lyricalgeek has purchased the other mic body from me. Could you please update the list to reflect this? Thanks in advance!

-Scott

I'm a little confused. In the first post the headline reads "Feeling for run 4..." but at the bottom of the same post it says "---FEELER FOR 3RD RUN----".  Are you doing run 3 now? Will there be a run 4?
I'm interested in two bodies, but I suppose  you have sold all bodies from the current (3 or4?) run?
- Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Things did get very confusing with the "run" terminology. Runs number 1 & 2 essentially got combined when Eric fronted the money to make both at once. Those two runs are the ones that people have already paid on.

The next run is run 3, and because we hit 25 pieces, we started run 4. But like I said earlier, I want to focus on getting runs 1 and 2 out to the people that have paid and have been waiting before addressing future orders or taking any further monies. I am visiting a new local machinist tomorrow!

If you are interested in bodies, just let me know how many in this thread for now. Thanks!

Damian

Thanks, Damian. Now I'm a little less confused. I've also read all the posts, so I understand the  story. A new machinist seems like a smart move. You guys must have gained a lot of experiance this last year (in dealing with machinists) , so the next run should hopefully be less painful.  :)

Please put me down for two bodies in run four!

- Stefan

Hey guys,

Sadly not everyone will be 100 percent happy.. I know these aren't absolutely perfect but let's keep the gripes to a minimum.. If some one has something to say please IM either myself or Riggler.. The amount of work I actually did to get them in the state they are in now is staggering ... Please keep that in mind...

Eric

Bruno, you have supported us from day one. It is true this has been a huge challenge. I did my best to ensure you had 3 good matching bodies. I will contact you and see what we can figure out. I met with a new machinist and am meeting with a die maker Sunday. I understand Eric's frustration too. He did a lot of work before plating... Anyway, we are not going away or disappearing. Thanks,

Damian

Note I signed up for 1 in the first order and 1 in the second order -  you can ship these together if you have the full run ready.
Thanks!

Hi dmp,

I have aggregated your split order, thanks!

The shipping order is 99% the list on front page. I will update the front page soon. We shipped so far in exact order except for a couple of people that had reached out to us and needed them ASAP (3 bodies I think). But to be fair to everyone I will only ship in order from this point forward. Future shipments will work the same way: I will email you directly to confirm the shipping address, ship Fedex, and send tracking number.

Again, anyone that has received a body, please email me any positive or negative feedback.

Thanks!

Damian

Back