RIP Steve Albini

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really bad news.

His sound ideas had a strong influence on the 90s and will last for a very long time.

In Utero is a raw and direct masterpiece, I remember it well when it came out. A Tonmann colleague said at the time that the new Nirvana record is "totally commercial". LOL. The opposite was the case, this record was an all-out provocation, I would have loved to have been an observer in the executive floors of the music industry when the first previews of In Utero arrived.

I hope there are some M201 microphones for snare recording in heaven.

RiP

Yeah, I couldn't belive it. One of my greatest heroes... RIP and may your spirit live on, Steve

He always had such a way with words. Lately they even started to express what seemed like the genuine love for humanity that others saw in him, but was maybe obscured by ... I don't know. What a huge loss

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240508-142922.png
    Screenshot_20240508-142922.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 1
Mr. Albini often came to the music academy where I have lectures, I remember him in one session with students when he was not happy with the sound of my Tascam 42B tape so he went to adjust it himself.. Later I had to calibrate everything again... Very interesting and a smart person. R.I.P.

Back