RTW Porta Monitor start up problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vasquez

I've just got hold of this audio analyzer. It's an RTW Porta Monitor model 10631-VID and I've run into a problem, it doesn't start right up when I plug in the power (24V DC). So I did the following to troubleshoot it.

- I plug in the power and leave it for about 5 minutes. During this time the LCD backlight works but no image on screen.
- After 5 minutes I turn it off and on again, the unit boots this time. I see RTW Porta Monitor logo and shows the main Vectorscope screen with the audio level meters on the right side. At this point everything works as intended. I can browse the menu, change settings, etc.
- After about 5 minutes of working flawlessly the screen becomes blank again with only the backlight working. This time if I turn it off and on again it will boot and work for 1-2 minutes before becoming blank again.

Any help and recommendations over this problem? I've checked the mainboard, the power plug terminals are receiving 24V, the LCD monitor connections are ok, I've checked the solder points they look ok and cleaned everything up with contact spray. Here is a picture of the mainboard.

Attachments

• rtw_mainboard.jpg
    rtw_mainboard.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Back