Schaeffer (Now FPE too) Digital UV printing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was ready to pull the trigger and have my panel UV printed at Front Panel Express.  Then I found out they can't do UV printing on painted or powder coated surfaces!  Not sure why but they said their process was not set up for anything but anodized aluminum.  Huge setback for me as I was counting on this printing process over my custom painted 1073's.    I'm not sure now I'd ever use this process.  If I'm going to have a panel cut and anodized, I'd always go engrave/in-fill.   

So back to the drawing board as to how to do my panels.  Might have to bight the bullet and get silk screens done.

Regards,
Jeff

deveng said:
    I'm not sure now I'd ever use this process.  If I'm going to have a panel cut and anodized, I'd always go engrave/in-fill.   

Regards,
Jeff

I don't quite understand this last comment. Surely the UV print is a more flexible alternative to engrave/in-fill or have I missed something?

Cheers

Ian

Ian,

I just meant that since my designs usually don't require the detail or artwork available with UV printing, I have always gone with the engraving/in-fill method.  This one particular design (my 1073's)  required either silk screen or UV printing.  The UV printing method is indeed more flexible and a great option!  I just prefer engraving. 

P.S.  Digital UV Printing will be a great option for many people due to the flexibility and cost.  As for me, not so much as I really like the "expensive" look and the durability of engrave/in-fill.  The big hurdle for me will be the limited base on which it can be printed.

Regards,
Jeff

deveng said:
Ian,

I just meant that since my designs usually don't require the detail or artwork available with UV printing, I have always gone with the engraving/in-fill method.  This one particular design (my 1073's)  required either silk screen or UV printing.  The UV printing method is indeed more flexible and a great option!  I just prefer engraving. 

Regards,
Jeff

Ah, that does make sense.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back