Simple Shelving EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something about this is all very wrong. The drawing with 48v on pin 2 only. Active filters on a mic line. Love the Crimson, but it's got unusable unavoidable latency? Unavoidable latency on a modern DAW and interface. Okay maybe not so much the latency, but somehow I think the solution, and maybe the problem itself, is not at all understood.

Maybe you just need a channel strip with EQ? Or a different mic? Which mic and what's the source/instrument? If it's something rather band-passed, like an SM57, then you probably just need to expand your mic collection. 8db boost of EQ while recording is a LOT.

If you only want EQ while monitoring, for whatever reason, can you simply insert an EQ between the interface's monitor line outs and monitors? Or if you just want to EQ the mic, can't that be done in mixdown?

I guess I'm failing to see what the actual problem is here, because the described solution isn't making sense to me.

Latest posts

Back