Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D

Do you already know the price?
Yes. They'll be binned in 3 bins like Neumann capsules, since side to side matching K47s built like this is kind of hard. $149 for u47fet, 199 for k47 and 249 for k49. The process for these is a bit more involved than the other capsules. The flat K47 is very budget-minded with a lot of part reuse, but the real K47 capsule is a genuine attempt at making a premium capsule, so it's a bit more expensive. They might also be split into bright and dark variants in QC until we can get our backplate tolerances tighter. The tolerances are already much tighter than vintage Neumann capsules, but looser than I'd like. I'm guessing most people will be buying K47s or U47fet capsules.

Yes. They'll be binned in 3 bins like Neumann capsules, since side to side matching K47s built like this is kind of hard. $149 for u47fet, 199 for k47 and 249 for k49. The process for these is a bit more involved than the other capsules. The flat K47 is very budget-minded with a lot of part reuse, but the real K47 capsule is a genuine attempt at making a premium capsule, so it's a bit more expensive. They might also be split into bright and dark variants in QC until we can get our backplate tolerances tighter. The tolerances are already much tighter than vintage Neumann capsules, but looser than I'd like. I'm guessing most people will be buying K47s or U47fet capsules.
Thanks

So the K49 will have the best side to side matching of all 3?

Does the frequency curve differ from one variant to the other?

Latest posts

Back