SSL 611G channel module popping protection fuses

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiotech96

Hey guys,

Been reading this forum for a while, but this is my first post.

Has anyone ever encountered an SSL 611G channel module blowing one of the tiny 2 amp protection fuses on the +-18 Volt rail right by the edge connector? I also found a pair of 22 Ohm power resistors burned on the top right corner of the 242 Eq card. I am about to replace the 2 burned resistors, but I have not found any shorted caps or other components on the EQ card so far, but I am still searching. The two diodes connected to the 2Amp fuses in the protection circuit read shorted in circuit, but on desoldering are in fact not shorted. I removed every single card from the 611G module and the culprit appears to be in the 242 EQ card.

Seems you may have answered your own question...
If the resistor fusing went on the EQ card there is a fault there, remember the faulty component may have gone open as it took out the fusing
In truth a card problem rarely takes out the 611 fusing, usually it is a fault in the TR components. Often a pot that has a bad spot, can be difficult to find. Meter the logic rail and work every control through it's entire range.
Rather unusual to have both 611 fuses go at once...

Back