T.Bone SCT800 modifications - C12 and other type circuits.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That story is so old, i read about this on several forum long time ago.
No one ever proved that  and this can be another myth, kind of "urban" legend, like the other crap which you can find all over the web :D
Gearsluters love these stories ;)

Gearslutz is another story. But there is some truth to this, actually. This is the very first line on the official 797 Audio website (about us):
"Beijing 797 Audio Co. Ltd was originally founded in 1952 with the help of Germany."

And David Josephson (a high end microphone maker who went there) wrote this:
"Right. They had some training from what is now Microtech Gefell, courtesy of the USSR's effort to get into and control all the relevant technologies in China, but after 1960-61 when all this stopped, they went on to develop their own designs."

So it doesn't prove anything - for made by chinese - i'm in! These are great people and if well educated in specific brand they can make and design really great stuff. Difference is with made in China products -  mass produced stuff have many of defects due to cheap production.

Yes, if and when  they want to, they are right up there with the best. Same thing with acoustic guitars for instance. They pump out huge amounts at low prices. Not very good, quality issues etc. But every now and then they send a couple of guitars to the dealers that were made in their custom shops. Just to show what they can do if really asked. These instruments are on par with the high end American brands. It's just that the public won't pay thousands for a Chinese guitar. Same with microphones.
And ADK makes a 3000 dollar mic that has a high end CK12 style capsule in it. They say it was made by an Australian  scientist. What would happen if they said it was made by a Chinaman?
Prejudice and fear of lost sales.

Rode transducers are really great but they make it sh*tty sounding due to electronic circuit designs...

Jim Williams designed those, as you may know.

If you are typical consumptionist - yes.
I love to create things so for me it isn't any revelation ;)

Just don't stop creating things!  :)

Do you have any link for these custom mikes?
Am curious as hell.

His name is Guosheng Zhuang. The microphone brand is 3U Audio.
Entry level Teal mics are made with OEM capsules or so it seems (but he knows where to get the goods) and they have no transformer. They cost 99 dollars.
One level up are the Warbler mics.  They have handmade capsules, higher grade electronics and they have a (vibey) transformer. Also, they have EQ settings on the mic.  K67/86s are actually de-emphasized, since he hates the typical bright and harsh bulk of Chinese mics. He likes to make a statement in the opposite direction.
Top level (within his own brand, mind) is the GZ series.
http://3uaudio.com/chanpin.asp?dh=1

This is the short story.

Thanks for really usefull info ;)

I know that company, also found some time ago their transformers on ebay.
Some components are not only common with  ADK but AAmicrophones, Peluso etc.
If i will ever run my own microphones line and i'll have to use some good quality chinese parts - i'll tell everyone about it, and will be proud of it!
It's a shitty thing when companies like peluso or blue (after they stop dealinig with Mr Zarinis and before Electro Voice) are hiding or even lying about origin of their products or parts.

Before 60-ies (don't remember exactly) Gefell was a still Neumann, but they had really trouble to co-work with Berlin.

Gearslutz is another story. But there is some truth to this, actually. This is the very first line on the official 797 Audio website (about us):
"Beijing 797 Audio Co. Ltd was originally founded in 1952 with the help of Germany."

Maybe it's becuase the fact that the Germans didn't bombed their factory facitility between 39 and 45 :D :D :D

Yes i know about Mr Williams and Rode - he raped shoeps circuit for the first NT1/NT2. After years he put few words about the mods, blamed Rode for shitty mike - but truly even after his mods - those microphones are still weak as hell. 
That's why am far away from microphone parts kits.

Wow, i'm a real hater (that is called these days over web, right?)  :D :D :D

If i will ever run my own microphones line and i'll have to use some good quality chinese parts - i'll tell everyone about it, and will be proud of it!

That's good to hear.  :)

Now will you tell us what country you are from?

I'm (still) suspecting Poland, going by one of his previous locations ("behind the iron curtain" or something like that), and a few links from ebay.pl he's posted in the not-too-distant past :p

micaddict said:

Khron said:
I'm (still) suspecting Poland, going by one of his previous locations ("behind the iron curtain" or something like that), and a few links from ebay.pl he's posted in the not-too-distant past :p

micaddict said:

Khron - what are you talking about?
You know where i'm from, becuase i wrote you that in PM :p
Never used any "iron curtain" in my location,  i'm not from CCCP :p
Don't remember links to ebay.pl because am not using it,  but maybe by mistake? :)

micaddict - if it's really importnt to you, yes i'm from Poland, it's not any secret but also nothing to be proud of.
You live in Netherlands, right?
How many neighbors from poland you have, if any?
If so? Do you like them?
:D

ViciusbeatZ said:
a question in76d , where the capsule wiring to do ? Coming out in the scheme of mod reverse?

I'm not sure what you mean...
If you are asking is it capsule wires connection need be reversed - yes.
Polarisation voltage to backplate, diaphragm to ground.

micaddict - if it's really importnt to you, yes i'm from Poland, it's not any secret but also nothing to be proud of.
You live in Netherlands, right?
How many neighbors from poland you have, if any?
If so? Do you like them?
:D

Yeah, I've known some and I've liked them, if that means anything.  :)
Also, the history intrigues me. Not always easy being sandwiched.
I'd love to go there someday.

micaddict said:
Yeah, I've known some and I've liked them, if that means anything.  :)

Yes it mean something - YOU ARE WEEEIRD :D  :D  :D

micaddict said:
Also, the history intrigues me. Not always easy being sandwiched.

History is really wide, and in some facts is hard even believe, but from the other side is also f**king tragic -
what left an imprint on the mentality of all living generations.

I'd love to go there someday.

One week - no more - then ruuuunnn :D :D :D

In 76d jajajajaja Spanish, i don't speak english, only study english in the school with 16 years jajajajaja , now im starting study again!! ;D ;D

Todavía no estoy seguro de entender :D

Más simple que C12 esquema es el siguiente.

PSU cómo Maliq mod

Attachments

• SCT800 to ELA M mod.jpg
    SCT800 to ELA M mod.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 82
Back