The Middle East Friendship Chart

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt look at any of the links , the ad block doesnt even let me see the youtube player until I allow it .
Surely we have to question propagating this content ?
I note social media companies are in hot water just now as well for the same reason , their failing to prevent harmful content relating to the middle east appearing .

All censorship is in a futile attempt to shield Israel. Reporters have been fired for being mildly pro-Palestinian, or even a bit critical of what Israel is saying. The same number of reporters have died as in the entire war in Vietnam. People in Israel who dare criticise what the Zionist's are doing, are getting arrested and thrown in jail. Even people in the US have been arrested for protesting this genocide. Where's your freedom of speech now?

Nobody's been fired for being pro Israel. Nobody censors Israel's propaganda, even when it's sometimes a blatant lie. The rabbi I know is afraid to speak. And that's not because he fears some Arabs will attack him...

China is using the fact that the world's attention is on Palestine to enlist Asia and Micronesia:

The UAE too are getting really friendly with China.

Arrested for what exactly? For protesting or breaking some other law?

For protesting. I wouldn't blink an eye if it was a case like the one Palestinian who came to the US on a tourist visa, asked for asylum and promptly started collecting arms and stuff to make bombs.

And I can't find the post I was thinking of when I wrote that. Too many posts about arrests. Even from before oct 7.

But even jews are protesting Israel:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...us-congress-sit-in-calling-for-gaza-ceasefire
This is a "pro forma" arrest, for being in a zone that doesn't allow protests.

finally some good news. According to one local paper, there is an agreement between the Israeli govt and Hamas about a cease fire and release of the hostages...

finally some good news. According to one local paper, there is an agreement between the Israeli govt and Hamas about a cease fire and release of the hostages...
The early reports suggest something like 3:1, so 3 Palestinian prisoners released for every one Israeli civilian hostage...and only covers 50 hostages. All in exchange for a four day pause in the fighting? 🤔 Hamas wants the IDF to stop flying surveillance drones during this pause for some suspicious business.

That is serious price deflation since Hamas last traded one Israeli soldier captive for 1,000 Palestinian prisoners, years ago. Maybe they don't have any more (live) Israeli soldiers to trade. The one IDF hostage captured on Oct 7, a 19 yo woman, died.

JR

Rowing back? Good.

Your posts were getting dangerously close to incitement -- only words, sure, but not peaceful.

Where?

There have been numerous atrocities on both sides, for decades. Yet one side are called terrorists these days, while the other side is a legitimate army. When this first started, the zionists were self admitted terrorists too. Irgun Zvai Leumi (National Military Organisation) - ultimately led by future Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin - and an even more militant organisation, Lohamey Heruth Israel (Fighters for the Freedom of Israel) or LHI both were called terrorist organisations by the UK and US govt.

So, tell me, what should the Palestinians do? Peacefully give up their home to self proclaimed terrorists? Sure, Hamas are terrorists too. But the Israeli have never kept their promises to stop expansion into Palestinian territory. How long do we need to let them carry on? 'Till the last Palestinian has been driven to a refugee camp in Lebanon or Egypt? Or, as several Israeli leaders have stated, until the last Palestinian has been killed?

This is genocide. And the holocaust doesn't warrant this.

I see the Netherlands is the latest country to get stuck with no outright majority after an election , whatever geopolitics and social media is doing its managing to drive very effective wedges into the democratic process , right wing leaning parties seem to be knocking on the doors and the old guard are having to form alliances to try and keep them out . Its happening all over the place .

I feel Germany in particular should be sounding a louder alarm about the mistakes of the past getting repeated in Gaza under Israeli occupation , but I dont know political sentiment on the ground there and how it divides down on a grass roots level .

Today in Ireland were seeing an attempt to remove an important oversight mechanism which allows our troops to opperate in overseas conflicts only with approval from both upper and lower government houses and the UN .
The government claim its nessesary , the opposition claim it further undermines Irelands neutral status .

Fascism is rearing it's ugly head everywhere. Usually/hopefully just for one term.

I worry more about cases like Hungary, where it already lasted a few terms. People are looking for a way out and hope the populists can provide that.

A lot of it is powered by immigration and refugees. Every refugee who turns to crime is widely reported, while catastrophes like the recent one in Turkey hardly get any attention.

Lots of media are between a rock and a hard place. Quality content doesn't sell. Google news and other aggregators are far too powerful. Readers seem to want new, different content. News isn't different, or new, despite it's name. Sensation is the name of the game.

Advertising is shifting to new media. Radio, TV, newspapers and magazines are being molested by the likes of Facebook, Youtube and Netflix. It's impossible to compete with companies that are allowed to run with mega losses for decades, thanks to horny venture capital.

But even the new media are not immune to that kind of market erosion. Even the mighty Google is well aware that the new kid on the block will be eating it's lunch soon...

Switzerland is in process of preparing a formal ban on Hamas and allegedly also stop cooperation with a couple of NGOs.

Also curious about how the world will react this time to Israel sending Mossad to go after high-ranking Hamas leaders involved in the attacks but residing outside Palestine.

I suppose the world will be fine with Mossad going after Hamas leaders no matter where they are. Possibly not OK with it if too many unsuspecting foreign civilians are also caught in the crosshairs of strategic strikes, I'm not sure Turkey be OK with it if Istanbulians are also killed never mind Mossad within their borders for instance.
Perhaps but Qatar and Israel's neighbors harboring them would not appreciate it. Right now Israel doesn't want to make any more waves than neccesary. I don't think it would help the hostage negotiations.

That said I don't think these leaders living in luxurious exile should make long term future plans.

JR

Back