The plugin corner

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eventide Anthology is a fairly wonderful bundle... The reverb and H3000 plugins are lovely, the reverb is... lush! Im told the omnipressor is nothing like an original hardware version, but I enjoy it too!

Mo

Hi guys, another reccomendation.
Brainworx XL.

I am a dance music producer, and I started learning to master whilst learning to produce, and over the last 9 years I have built up a skill for mastering. (well at least on my specific genre where the target is always the same, a large nightclub system)
Most of the labels I produce and remix for tend to use my masters instad of going to their usual mastering house.
Anyway, maximisation is always the final stage of the chain, and it has a huge impact on what I do. For a long time I used waves maximisers. Then I switched to Sonnox, and recently I was using the Wavearts final plug. All of the above are fantastic and have delivered professional results for me time and time again.
But....................
I have switched to Brainworx XL, and it is just quite simply... Better!

I was using Brainwork Digital2 based on someones reccomendation in here, so thanks for that, then when i heard they had a maximisation plug I had to try it.
After only one use I bought it.
Everything just feels louder but the meteres seem to be showing far less reduction when compared with other maximisers.

If you use a maximiser on a regular basis, I dare you to try this.

Hope that helps.

Best reverb pluggin I came across so far...

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallaroom

I've only compared the Valhallaroom to my PCM80 and to IR reverbs with the Bricasti impulse responses.

Although I think the Bricasti (IR's) DO sound more natural, the Valhallaroom is just way more usable and musical sounding. Sometimes (most of the time in my case) you just want to give a sound a sense of space without it being obvious.
This is exactly what the Valhallaroom does.

Perfect timing and thanks for the heads up!  I'm downloading the demo now as today I need to mix a track and I'm just not happy with my existing reverbs at the moment.  I'd love to get the Lexicon Native for this project but my pocketbook is not healthy post move!

Thanks,
Ruairi

by the way i recommend to download the free valhalla plugin too. http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho
its a really nice reverb/delay effect plugin with a lot of possibilities in view of sequencers automation  :)

Update! I bought the Valhalla verb. I really like it. It's not as nice as the Lexicon Native for really lush stuff but it's lovely on pop/rock stuff - drums, guitars, box etc.

As a mainly mastering guy I've been on the fence about the flux multiband. I'm holding out for a Maselec MLA3 but flux are having a 45% off sale right now..... I hate buying plugs

Not yet, hoping to buy it tomorrow if I have time. The lexicon is in another league to anything I've heard. The only other verb that ever made me smile so much was a 480L. I'm hoping to rent a Bricasti in the next few weeks for a mix project, that will probably be another step up. Thanks again for the heads up.

ruairioflaherty said:
. I'm hoping to rent a Bricasti in the next few weeks for a mix project,

I'm really, REALLY curious on how the small spaces/ambiances from the valhallaRoom compare to the spaces/ambiances from the Bricasti....

I have to say the IR's did not do it for me....

Just a heads up for anyone that doesnt already have them, but Waves has dropped the price on a LOT of their plugins (just got an email today for their Qclone plugin for under $50usd)  They have a bunch of plugins for under $20 (all native, iLok required)

Are the renaissance plugs still great? I have been looking at these for awhile, and now they are so cheap! Been looking at Waves for awhile.

Stillwell Rocket, Major Tom, and Event horizon get a lot of use from me. In fact, all of the Stillwell plugs are pretty cool.

Going to check out that Valhalla stuff!

Are the renaissance plugs still great?

it can't hurt to have the Renaissance Compressor in your arsenal, really easy to use and sounds fine, imho.

btw. I have found a great solution for my Recalls involving outboard inserts (in ProTools):

insert a plugin clone of the hardware, make the settings identical and put it on bypass ;D

this makes it really ease to recall settings later, without having to use a recall sheet or camera or whatever.

Now I only need to find a way to mod my UAD Pultec to include the frequencies of my G-Pultecs, haha

cheers, Marten

teis said:
check out the Flux plugins. very, very nice.

+1 for Flux, the E-Pure Eq is a good as they come for Digital EQ.
And the Purecomp or Solena dynamic plugin gives you more dynamic control than any other compressor I've seen.

radiance said:

Man Radiance, thanks for sharing that! that is one great reverb plugin. After using the demo for a couple of days I bought it and now it's all over the album I'm mixing at the moment.

Matthew Jacobs said:
radiance said:

Man Radiance, thanks for sharing that! that is one great reverb plugin. After using the demo for a couple of days I bought it and now it's all over the album I'm mixing at the moment.

Ha...you're welcome. But all hail should go to Sean Costello who designed it....

Back