veers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... I know, but I had fun mentioning how crazy silly and draconian the law can be! :)

Sidebar - I used to give a speech about silly laws around the country to civic service organizations such as the Jaycees, Rotary International, AMBUCs, and similar civic minded groups. It is a big hit and gets a lot of laughs. That would get me a free lunch on the "Rubber Chicken Circuit" and occasionally drummed up new business as I could showcase my speaking style and sense of humor. The research was easy and well worth the time and effort over the years. No shortage of material in that one!

Happy days. / James
I decided to place my response here to not corrupt my happy beer keg thread with unhappy political machinations BUT

Speaking of old laws that are out of step with modern norms, and political strategy getting abortion (declared a state issue by SCOTUS) back on ballots this Nov to turn out woman voters to hopefully favor one political side.

WWW said:
PHOENIX — The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a 160-year-old near-total abortion ban still on the books in the state is enforceable, a bombshell decision that adds the state to the growing lists of places where abortion care is effectively banned.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/arizona-supreme-court-ruling-abortion-ban-rcna146915
This law was passed some 50 years before AZ became a state but it will likely be made a ballot issue this year.

I hate politics but I am intrigued by watching and figuring out the strategy behind the game.

[edit] if you are in a poker game and can't tell who the patsy is, you may be the patsy. My goal is to not be the patsy in the political poker game. /edit]

JR

Last edited:
it's more than 106.000 km/H, (orbit radius · 2PI) / annual hours.
Earth orbits around the sun at a speed of 67,100 miles per hour (30 kilometers per second). That's the equivalent of traveling from London to New York in about 3 minutes.

As well as moving around the Sun, the Sun and Earth are orbiting around the dense center of our galaxy at some 447,000 miles per hour (200 km/s).

>> It's no wonder why I feel so dizzy!!!

/

Earth orbits around the sun at a speed of 67,100 miles per hour (30 kilometers per second). That's the equivalent of traveling from London to New York in about 3 minutes.

As well as moving around the Sun, the Sun and Earth are orbiting around the dense center of our galaxy at some 447,000 miles per hour (200 km/s).

>> It's no wonder why I feel so dizzy!!!

/

almost 30 km/sec, the moon has about the same speed and you can see it moving if you look through fixed "pipe" of some fixed references like a tree and stuff.

To bad it's impossible, but it would be cool to see in space if you had fixed spot to sit on and see earth racing much much faster than a bullet, rocket, etc away from you. You would need to wait year to get back home.
Only the Parker Solar probe is faster as Venus, Mercury.

If you see ray from the sun on a wall or something and mark that position, you'll see that it moves, tried that.

The some 1800 km/h of earth's rotation is also mind boggling.

A sudden halt of earth would burn you in the atmosphere while being launch in to space faster than Newtons requirements.
LOL.

I wonder how it would feel if you would be in region of the James Webb scope and you start looking up, down, left right. would you get height sickness?

The bad part is that most people have not a minimal clue bout all this and they are trying to save the "environment" and/or to busy with their phones. Not knowing that earth's core produces Hydrogen and Helium, earth is making natural gas and oil. Due to Nuclear decay of the Uranium and other heavy unstable elements 6000 km down (alpha, beta, gamma rays, proton emission). Than we have the radiation from other stars and space objects witch you can detect with cloud chambers, that same space radiation ensures our atmosphere will never change and will always be cleaned up. Yet we have these illiterates telling us to combat CO² or we will die (somehow).

Some 15.000 stars within a radius of 100 light year of earth (Gaia catalog).
But you only see the special stars from the constellations witch can be like 2000 light years away.
Special stars = double, triple, quadruple,etc stars.

Like Mizar, Rigel, etc.

Pressure & temp 6000 km down: some 3 - 3.5 million bar / atmosphere, +5000ºC.

Last edited:
The bad part is that most people have not a minimal clue bout all this and they are trying to save the "environment" and/or to busy with their phones. Not knowing that earth's core produces Hydrogen and Helium, earth is making natural gas and oil. Due to Nuclear decay of the Uranium and other heavy unstable elements 6000 km down (alpha, beta, gamma rays, proton emission). Than we have the radiation from other stars and space objects witch you can detect with cloud chambers, that same space radiation ensures our atmosphere will never change and will always be cleaned up.
As much as I like OT, I think this should go to the Brewery. Tell it to the Shanghai citizens.
Yet we have these illiterates telling us to combat CO² or we will die (somehow).
I wonder how some of these illiterates managed to have PHD's. OTOH, I've met a few climate skeptics and was not particularly impressed by their intellectual faculties.
I may not "have a clue", but I fail to understand how these radiations can clean up the atmosphere.

I may not "have a clue", but I fail to understand how these radiations can clean up the atmosphere.

Because the impacting particles like "positrons (antimatter)", protons, etc from space objects come in with such high velocity in the order of several million Electro Volt, they literally split the CO² molecules in pieces. That's what you see in cloud champers.

Veritsium also talks about this in this video that's 11 years old.
This kind of radiation is inevitable, your re dealing with it 24/7 and even lab equipment is affected by this.

And why would you care about climate? if you are affected by radiation from Uranium, Thorium, etc all over the planets surface, you eat this with your vegetables without any doubt. Some Guy was walking with a "radiation" meter on a beach in USA and the radiation from the beach sand was higher than average.
That's pretty much the main cause why someone gets cancer.

Also ....
Newton grativy law.jpeg
Newton universal gravitation law also tells us all planets in the solar system affect us, but mostly Mercuries.

Jupiter is 10% the size of the Sun, has a gravity of 2.5G and we encounter Jupiter every 13 months, it's pulls us out, accelerates and slow us down, the net effect is zero, hard to grasp, but fact, but if the distances increases less sun light fall down on earth, less energy. photons travel in a death straight line from the sun's core and from a distance more of it just passes above or below.

This video explains how that works with some 13 million views.

climate change is a political induced thing in coöperation of www.weforum.com!

Yah, i didn't want to put this but the comment from the other guy made me ...
: )

Back