Well, that’s one way to do it…

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneRoomStudio

GDIY Supporter
Just came across this device:
Kaotica Eyeball® | Microphone Isolation | Mobile Vocal Booth

IMG_0908.jpeg
Seems like that would seriously mess with (obviously) directionality, and frequency response of the mic…not to mention acoustic damping on the diaphragm and all sorts of other things.

Are things like this really be used by professionals?

Last edited:
Just came across this device:
Kaotica Eyeball® | Microphone Isolation | Mobile Vocal Booth

View attachment 116518
Seems like that would seriously mess with (obviously) directionality, and frequency response of the mic…not to mention acoustic loading on the diaphragm and all sorts of other things.

Are things like this really be used by professionals?
Absolutely right! I cant believe people are using these. However i found these to be extremely useful for reducing some of cymbal bleed if there's room for them and if placed right.

If i'm playing the drims i'm using it.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._cm_s_mic_stand_reflection_filter_silver.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_012613.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_012613.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 1
I’ve made a slimline shield from acoustic foam to cut bleed from hi-hats into Snare mic and top Tom mics - but that’s way big. So much for room sound - the mic would sound dead.

Absolutely right! I cant believe people are using these. However i found these to be extremely useful for reducing some of cymbal bleed if there's room for them and if placed right.

If i'm playing the drims i'm using it.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._cm_s_mic_stand_reflection_filter_silver.html
These are good for vocals to get a more close sound - I’ve used a folding version with wings which is handy for pinning lyrics to as well. They come with removable metal grilles that cover the foam to give some cut down short reflections but prevent vocal spill onto wall and window surfaces, without the grille work they absorb more. Good for voiceover work. Also handy for guitar amps.

Back