Experiences with BUF634 as line buffers?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Tibes

Does anyone have experience on using BUF634 as line buffers? I am looking for an unsymmetrical low impedance buffer for monitor section outputs and signal distribution purposes in my mixing console (DDA AMR 24) - perhaps also as insert send buffers.

If you have tried it - how does it sound?

Thanx for your input! :grin:

Michael

I haven't tried it myself, but the buf634 has a pretty good rep as a line driver and a headphone driver. It certainly can pump out a fair amount of current (250 mA), and can be run in class A with the bandwidth pin jumpered. I think maybe you'd want to run a more conventional op-amp as an input buffer, and a 634 in conjunction with another op-amp (like an opa604 or opa627) as an output driver.

Cheers,

Kris

Well congratulations, Jaakko!

I've used it as a headphone buffer once, without any problems (other than general stupidity, which seems to plague me on occasion). I didn't notice it sounding bad, but it was not a critical application.

Bjorn

...and I did use it in the feedback path; from what I recall that is the 'correct' way of using it.

Some guys in our old home were using it as a buffer to a 604 in a composite 'discrete' op-amp I think.

Latest posts

Back