SK 10-spray?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miska

Hi!

I'm about to make PCB's for several projects at the same time. I recall that Jacob E recommended the stuff called SK 10 to protect the PCB's and to make soldering easier. The thing is that I ordered it from Farnell but they said that they cannot ship it 'cause it's in spraycans!?! (they did try to make me pay for it, though...)
Has anybody else managed to buy this spray somewhere? Jacob, where did you buy it?

Is there any other recommended chemical I could use. I'm talking about PCB's for probably 6-8 projects, so some of them have to wait pretty long time to get soldered. That's why I need to protect them.

Or is this something I could just skip any leave the boards as they are?

Miska

PCB laquer is a important part of protecting the electronics against hostile environments.

You should be able to buy "Lötlack" in any electronics-parts shop - it's an often-used substance after all..?

Jakob E.

Ok, I'm sure I can find some other brand. I just thought that SK 10 was somehow superior when it comes to "Lötlack".

I'll try the stuff that Elfa has.

Thanks for helping! :thumb:

Miska

Another SK10 satisfied user. :thumb:
I supose it is not that hard to find a place where they have it. I bought it in a common electronics shop.

chrissugar

I have old can of Solderlack made by Cramolin, Germany, I think it is similar product, I bought it in Helsinki (Helsingfors) Finland.

I have a faint memory recall that in the 60´s and 70´s some hobbyists used to prepare their pcb s with some diy stuff, perhaps some resin diluted in denatured alcohol or some other solvent, to make soldering easier.

Another stuff for slightly same purpose, I never managed to find. It was called "tin salt" or something, some magig powder that you mixed with water, and you could "tin" your tracks with that. Dunno if such stuff is available anywhere today.

Back