Neve Output Stage Addition to Console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Greg"]I probed the "unbalanced" output on the Neve out last night, and the signal look great. I'll attempt to feed the monitor PCB with this... what do you think Jens?[/quote]
As long as you have ample heatsinking on that 2N3055 and the power supply can handle it, why not? Neve put that there so it could be used, right? Problem is, your control room feed is not going to have the output transformer in the chain and therefore sound different than the actual mix.

Good point about the output iron, but when I do my mixing, and I suppose I can even do this when tracking, is monitor back from my Apogee converters (i.e. what I mix down through). This has the output iron in the path and will definitely give me a better representation of what the final mix actually sounds like anyway.

Thanks again :thumb: I guess it's actually time for me to do this... enough with all the questions, right !?! :?

Latest posts

Back