awa limiter[ big 1]

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> Motorolla MFE 3000

Yuck. Don't you have any more clues?

Could this be an in-house N-type JFET from around 1970?

If so, get a box of MPF102 and sort for low Idss.

Paul here is the reason why he is looking for a MFE3000 or MFE3001.

Big1%20input.gif

The Big 1 is a fet limiter a bit like a 1176 that was used in front of radio transmitters.
RV2 is the distortion trim control

thanks Joe, it souds like you have been down this path, i order and received what were supposed to be an equivalent made with the same die as the Motorolla used, however this is not the case

> distortion trim control

That's fairly clever.

However, there's some confusion here. Tony clearly said "has to be , Motorolla MFE 3000". I had to dig for, and dust-off (gasp, choke), my 1972 Motorola manual to find anything like that, and all I could find was MFE3001 MFE3002 MFE3003, no MFE3000.

Now you say it is a MFE3001. So what is Tony looking at?

And your image suggests MOSFET. The 1972 Motorola manual says MFE3001 is an N-channel J-FET. And the 4-leg pinout with available body is more common in MOSFETs than JFETs.

sorry for the confusion , ill blame my stubby fingers ,the correct fet is Motorolla MFE 3001
the ones i ended up with are DAG? MFE 3001 my tech says these are totally wrong, so once again has to be Motorolla MFE 3001

Back