anyone have experience whit this chips?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

Hi i´m new on this forum .
I have a echo layla 20bit sound card that have to repair but is almost do it .

it have 8 input and I have a paia tube mic pre (yeah no pro like a lot of pre but work an are cheap )
I need more mic pre so I want to design some cheap mic pre using analog device ssm2166 mic preamp whit variable comprecion and gate and a ssm2142 balanced line driver.

the ssm2166 don have balanced input so I will put some like the paia opamp balanced input .

anyone have tried theses chips?
or know a similar project?
the big problem is that I have 2 ssm2166 samples and are soic is a little hard to prototiping with soics.

thanks

[quote author="12afael"]is a little hard to prototiping with soics.[/quote]
Just put them on SOIC/DIL adapters.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi 12afael, and Welcome. :grin: I used to have a Layla 20 and I sent it in for a repair. Seems that a regulator in the power supply was slightly under spec. I didn't pay a great deal of attention to this at the time and of course the information could have been useful to you now. Sorry. Write echo and ask tech support for a list of trouble shooting repairs. The tech staff have helped me out, fixed Layla for free a year after warrenty was up because of the specification undersight. Try and ask, can't hurt. Digikey has the soic to Dip adaptor made by aries electronics. use part number A725-nd to get you to the PDF page on the Canadian Digikey site anyway.

thanx StrayCat

the problem of the layla seems to be on the power supply I suspect of a 10000uF that have the top like a bubble . I read 3.3 volts 5 minutes later 1,5v an before 1,3v so the problem is the power supply, I´m sure, but if you say me that a regulator is underated that could be the cause of the voltage sucking.

I hear that the echo tech staff is very cool I write a couple of days ago still i don´t have a reply .

thanx StrayCat

the problem of the layla seems to be on the power supply I suspect of a 10000uF that have the top like a bubble . I read 3.3 volts 5 minutes later 1,5v an before 1,3v so the problem is the power supply, I´m sure, but if you say me that a regulator is underated that could be the cause of the voltage sucking.

I hear that the echo tech staff is very cool I write a couple of days ago still i don´t have a reply .

Hey 12afael, I sold my Layla unit a few months ago on E-Bay. Wish i still had it now actually. I can't check out the upgraded part that was installed for you. Wait a few more days on the tech support. Make sure you forward all of the details about the problem you are encountering. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back