guitar pedal FX rig images

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you should ever find a Schulte Compact phasing pedal you should get it.
Made in Berlin, Germany in the 70´s and used by Kraftwerk and others.

It´s the most amazing phaser i have ever used!!!!!!

Has a very interesting circuit, uses 2 lightbulbs with 4 photoresistors each!!
And is also full 741´s which i dont think is that great, should try to replace them sometime to see if it gets even better.

The most amazing feature of the pedal is that you can dial in what frequency range it will work in, very cool!!

/Dennis

[quote author="API"]If you should ever find a Schulte Compact phasing pedal you should get it.
Made in Berlin, Germany in the 70´s and used by Kraftwerk and others.

It´s the most amazing phaser i have ever used!!!!!!

Has a very interesting circuit, uses 2 lightbulbs with 4 photoresistors each.[/quote]
Sounds like an UberUnivibe :wink:

That is a good description!!

I guessit was designed more for keyboards, cause it goes WAY down in frequency in the sweeps.
It would be very easy to blow up your guitar amp if you are not careful!

Clintrubber: Thank you for showing us the solderside :green:
How do you keep track of all the connections when you build it??? :shock:

/Bjorn

[quote author="indigom"]
The purpose of this thing is to allow me to patch effects into one another for DAW work, analog up some of those soft synths and loops, and maybe
even a guitar or two.
[/quote]

I have imagined the same rig, except with other pedals such as the big muff and an octave, to use for a stage rack with Paia synths etc.

great idea and project!

at any rate, I was curious what you were using for a power supply, any shcematics or urls? I imagine its some sort of 9v DC, but cleaned up with caps, but with enough current to run all those effects at once.

thanks!

[quote author="rodabod"][quote author="clintrubber"][quote author="rodabod"]Ok, what are your favourite guitar pedals of all time?[/quote]
This thread will explode in length from now on, do you realize that ? :wink: [/quote]

Haha! :razz: [/quote]

I for one am overwhelmed by how massive that question caused this thread to get in just two months :grin:

I guess I would have to go with the echoplex, one of the tube ones most likely, but I would take one of the solid state ones if anyone wants to give me theirs.

I just started My guitar/bass FX rack, got the reverb and preamp done, all on perf board! None of that fancy stripboard or pad per hole for me. Mine probably will not have a nice rack or card case like yours though, bare alluminium with sharpie labels most likely. Unless I stumble apon a nice rack case of some sort on the side of the road.

adam

I have imagined the same rig, except with other pedals such as the big muff and an octave, to use for a stage rack with Paia synths etc.

great idea and project!

at any rate, I was curious what you were using for a power supply, any shcematics or urls? I imagine its some sort of 9v DC, but cleaned up with caps, but with enough current to run all those effects at once.

thanks!

I used JLM audio's power supply in it. very useful for both Joe's other projects and other DiYs. http://jlmaudio.com
In the pics that I posted awhile back, the balanced input output circuit isn't yet hooked up, but it is now, and I need 9V and the +/- 15Volt rails to power the ICs for that which are THAT InGenius 12xx series line receivers and TI's DRV134 for the balanced line driver. All setup basically according to their respective datasheets.
This circuit seems to have lowered the noise a bit to and from my audio interface and now I have a master gain.
Next up is deciding on the EQ circuits for it, and maybe replacing one of the Phasers with an Envelope Filter pedal.
Got to get some updated pics with the back panel finished and all!

cheers!
Jay

[quote author="BjornTheBear"]Clintrubber: Thank you for showing us the solderside :green:
How do you keep track of all the connections when you build it??? :shock:

/Bjorn[/quote]
Sorry Bjorn, due to the automatic notification being less automatic for some threads I didn't catch your message.
No thanks for that backside, I'm not longer apologizing for crimes from back then...
W.r.t. keeping track, you mean while building ? Just some concentration and not hurrying. A copy of the schematic and a marker to indicate which connections you've made helps a lot.

Bye,

Peter

Here's a couple of links from my site that you may find useful:

http://www.muzique.com/schem/index.html

http://www.muzique.com/schem/projects.htm

regards, Jack

Back