Flickinger Info please

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doty

does anyone have any info on flickinger pres. i am really curious as i have seen some preamp cards float around but never could find any info on them.

all I know is that they were made in Ohio, Stow I believe actually. I read an article in a tapeop about a couple people (husband and wife I believe) who run a studio with a flickenger, or they had a flickenger.... some info in the article. I'll look for it tomorrow, or maybe someone knows more off hand.

They seemed to really love the flickenger console, .... I believe they helped steve albini build electrical audio iirc.

billy

you speak of bill and jessica who run
www.keyclubrecording.com

best sounding console i've yet encountered

theres a thread on psweb or someplace with everything you need to know. last i was there, bill had a rack of additional flickinger pres brought in by franz ferdinand's engineer. i'd kill kittens for that rack

lets diy em ;]

somehow

on tape op i read someone who thinks the mic amps are O-12 in and A-20 out... anyone know for sure?

If so, certainly rules out hard to find transformers, more or less.

Billy

there was a thread that caught my eye a few weeks ago and someone posted schematics but it didn't go much past that. I'd LOVE to build a pair if someone could figure out how. (I'm very new to this)

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=16488&highlight=flickinger

yeah i am told the flickenger stuff was pretty much the rival of the SS stuff thats why i am interested in it.

Latest posts

Back