Type 1272 Preamp with JLM Hotrod Mod and BA283AV (Pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="rodabod"]Hey Purusha,

Are you still interested in doing some N*eve / Hotrod rack cases? :wink: :razz:

Roddy[/quote]

Sure. I have to, since I am also on the way to DIY my own stereo unit :green:

I am waiting to get all the latest cases out of production first than I'll make the N design. I wonder what is a Neve colour nuance? I plan to go for powder coated fronts for this project.

Joe sent me this link as well:

http://www.jlmaudio.com/JLMACDCNeve.jpg
JLMACDCNeve.jpg

http://www.jlmaudio.com/JLMACDC%20Sections.jpg
JLMACDC%20Sections.jpg

HI Kevin
Find jpgs attached. If you are using a 2 x 24vac or 2 x 25vac
transformer then no mod is needed only the negative rail parts can be left
off if you want. 25VA will run 2 1272's just fine.

Thanks

Joe Malone

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Just remember that the diagram is designed for a single winding getting full wave rectification, different from using a trano with a center tap. You can get 12-0-12VAC trano and then don't use the center tap and treat it like a single winding, if that makes sense.

Alternatively you can use a 24-0-24VAC, and just not stuff the parts marked in yellow.

Cheers

Matt

[quote author="Greg"]Andre: Watcha mean?[/quote]

It's nit-picky, I know. I'm referring to the unit price and total price of your Sowter transformers. The unit price is a bit on the low end and total price is similar to the prodigy-pro store.

P.S. I'll get the next round of beers. :sam: :guinness:

Greg,

I was wondering how much if any hum your getting from mounting the Power Tranny in the chassis & at what level of gain?

I'm currently mounting my 1272 in the case & was debating the external tranny but I'd rather just put it in the back corner of the chassis.

Thanks,
Kevin

Greg, I was wondering where you got the little black terminal strips on the ends of the red wire connected to the edge card connector. Also the L spacer brackets that screw to the edge card connector.

Adam

I got the L-brackets from my local hardware store. I think they are 2". Lowe's and Home Depot have them, too.

I didn't use any terminal strips... I soldered directly to the edge card connector. The black stuff on the end is just heat shrink.

And Kevin, I don't notice any hum on the channels... even cranked up to max gain.

[quote author="Greg"]I got the L-brackets from my local hardware store. I think they are 2". Lowe's and Home Depot have them, too.

I didn't use any terminal strips... I soldered directly to the edge card connector. The black stuff on the end is just heat shrink.

And Kevin, I don't notice any hum on the channels... even cranked up to max gain.[/quote]

such a neat as in tidy job! all those shrink wraps on the card edge connectors make me think up all kinds of excuses to say no to a girlfriend date. : )) besides her being 1200 miles away at the moment..
further down south than you Greg... it would be easier for you and I to have a beverage/beer. ; )

seriously.. I love finding inspiration in others work, even if I cannot be as tidy. My 2nd 1272 had so many weird "myfault" mess ups that it took far too long even for such a lego-styled project. Your boards did help though, and it's a nice super-quiet project for a preamp of this style.

cheers ~

Jay

Hi, I write you from Italy and I am interested to buy the PCB for the clone of a NEVE 1272 preamps. Is it possible? Which the costs are?
Thanks

Back