CHECK THIS ACTION!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have information on the EQ used in the REDD desks, and is this covered in your non-disclosure agreement? I ask because I was intrigued by the description in the instruction manual, that the two sets of reactive elements share a common attenuator (bridged-T) section. Langevin did this in the EQ251A, but their implementation of it is impossibly complicated--it could not be done with standard switches.

Any REDD information you could comfortably share would, I'm sure, be of great interest to many of us.

For my part, I'm not interested in building copies--I've never built a copy of anything--but studying successful designs can lead to greater understanding and inspiration.

The input transformer was something I had Marco @ Reichenbach, before it became Cinemag, copy from an original I managed to obtain. The output transformer was also a copy but beefed up somewhat for higher audio levels. The input transformers I, foolishly so in hindsight, let Universal Audio have gratis when I joined the 'Putzman' team and it's now also used in the 2-610, M610, 2108, 6176 etc.

john,

are these transformers available from cinemag to the general public? if not, is there something readily available that you'd recommend for those of us who might want to take a try at it?

thanks,

ed

[quote author="edanderson"]john,

are these transformers available from cinemag to the general public? if not, is there something readily available that you'd recommend for those of us who might want to take a try at it?[/quote]

bump...inquiring minds don't mind being told "no" directly... :green:

"I was intrigued by the description in the instruction manual, that the two sets of reactive elements share a common attenuator (bridged-T) section. Langevin did this in the EQ251A, but their implementation of it is impossibly complicated--it could not be done with standard switches."

Hi NewYorkDave,
I saw your above post & I was curiuos where you found the REDD 51 Instruction Manual. Could you send me a copy (blackcat_records @ yahoo.com) or even the web address to it?

Thanks!

Back