Jakob`s noise gate schematic (here!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there's truly something incredible about the sound of Venom on a worn out cassette, cranked way up!

But Possessed did it better than Welcome to Hell.

[quote author="the scum"]And there's truly something incredible about the sound of Venom on a worn out cassette, cranked way up![/quote]
Must admit I never actually had that album on tape (had it on vinyl), but can imagine some added value on a trashed cassette :wink:

But Possessed did it better than Welcome to Hell
Better w.r.t. surviving dolby being switched on ?

I've heard & seen some Possessed but as it seemed to me bands like Venom, Slayer & Metallica each defined a (sub-)genre of their own, which gives them a big plus: originality, however badly performed compared to 'following' bands (which might have been very well the case for Venom :twisted: )

Possessed might very well have done a subgenre of their own as well, I dunno. When I heard that name the first thing that came up was that they supplied a nice gtr-player for Primus.

Erm...I mean't Venom's Possessed.

82310730102.jpg

Heavily distorted guitars, recorded with a healthy dose of tape saturation (Possessed undid the progression in production quality that led to At War With Satan), then mushed onto vintage cassette. It starts to sound like there's a whole different orchestration in there...like guitar leads buried in the walls of power chords.

And I don't know about the Dolby switch. My car hasn't got one!

[quote author="the scum"]Erm...I mean't Venom's Possessed.[/quote]
Oops, the album, not the band :cool:

First time I heard WTH was on the radio with headphones ... with the double bassdrums panned hard left & right (as it seemed) you could imagine that it was impressive...

I 'quit Venom' after AWWS.

And I don't know about the Dolby switch. My car hasn't got one!
:wink:

then the error is on the layout too. I re-check the filter section because I didn´t know it.

sometimes you can check something two or three times and in fourth you find that the initial error really did not exist. the pots on the filter section are wired ok , so sorry for that Jakob.

I repair the buffer on jakob´s layout, still the old layout is easy to repair .

here is the layout
http://groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10131/Gyraf_NoiseGate_Layout3rev5.rar

"heavy metal is the law" is a song of the german band Helloween

Latest posts

Back