Male 7 pin XLR inserts - Where to buy ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hiya Chaps,

Got two real funky looking mics nearly finished, and I'm after a source for 7 pin male XLR inserts, to fit inside the turned base.

I can get the new 'crimped in type from neutrik, got some old 3 pin male switchcraft inserts, but I cant find anywhere, 7 pin male xlr's ,that i can get the inserts out of.
apart from pulling them out of 'other' microphones :wink:

mucho appreciated for any suggestions !
:thumb:

I haven't seen the switchcraft-type inserts on their own. Neutrik seems to be dominating the market on the higher-than-three pins. Although, one insert came with the tube mic power supply kit I bought from Fum. I wonder if he has a source for just the inserts.

are you talking about this type, but 7pin?:

XLR3ES.jpg

Steffen Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you talking about this type, but 7pin?:

Yup, thats the type , with a little screw at the back, that holds the insert in.

Nice one Steff :thumb:

Hello Kid Squid,
Like this?
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/Cable,+Wire+&+Connectors/XLR/PRO+SIGNAL/PSG01583/displayProduct.jsp?sku=AV15041
If you not got an account - let me know - i'll "recommend" you as a friend - they'll open an account, send you a big catalogue, and i'll get a voucher :thumb:

mikeyB

Squid - have a chat to Peter - I may have some in the bag of goodies I left
You are welcome to them

Latest posts

Back