The 'Green Pre' grows up...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matta

Hey Guys,

Peter C and myself have decided to go green... and I don't mean energy efficient (though that is a noble cause!). We have decided to offer our first 'commercial' offering in the way of the 'Mint Julep', a 500 series module based on the DIY fav, The Green Pre.

Mint_Julep.jpg

We wanted to offer a neutral sounding offering in the 500 series which seems to be lacking at a very friendly price point (the idea is to sell it direct for $400 complete).

We've sent a few prototypes out to a couple guys, one of whom was Pan60, a 500 series nut who has done a review and interview with Peter and myself which you can read here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/186088-mint-julep.html

Cheers

Matt

Cheers & congrats etc, looks nice. At the same time I'm wondering how 'free' this design is... but I can't imagine you guys haven't thought about that so it'll be OK.

Bye

Yeah the MJ is reworked quite a bit from the 'original' Green Pre V1 (in excess of 20 revisions to get to this version!). It shares similar topology to MANY pres, discrete transistor pair on the input, IC balanced throughout.

We haven't hidden the fact that the original inspiration was the Amek Mozart, but it isn't a part for part clone, merely 'inspired' by it and some of the Focusrite/Soundcraft/DAV offerings.

Thanks for the well wishes... it isn't going to make us rich, but nice to know we can leave some kind of audio legacy...

Matt

[quote author="matta"]We haven't hidden the fact that the original inspiration was the Amek Mozart, but it isn't a part for part clone, merely 'inspired' by it and some of the Focusrite/Soundcraft/DAV offerings.

Thanks for the well wishes... it isn't going to make us rich, but nice to know we can leave some kind of audio legacy...

Matt[/quote]
All fine, would be a pity if you got banned because you hadn't cleared your samples - but that would have been a surprise for me here :thumb:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the support and well wishes... it has been a fairly long road on this one, almost a full year since we decided we were going to do this, many revisions countlessly asking ourselves... 'how do we make it even better'.

Here is one of the working prototypes:

MJ_4.jpg

Cheers

Matt

I knew it...... It was only a matter of time!! :thumb:

Looks Beautiful!! :guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :guinness:

This 500 series nut was thinking of somthing simlar but you boyz

nailed It!!!

To quote myself from the Peterc 553 thread:

"DROOOOOL"!!!!

FIRST CLASS MATES!!!!!

GARY

Somebody HAS to get the low cost racks going then we can fill 'em up
with all the stuff coming out .

Looks good Boys , much success to ya !

3nity said:
What happened with this?
Looks super cool!

I like the layout!!

We have been selling them, I've been so busy with the studio, DIY, life, relationships I've just not had a chance to build a website for them, but we have sold a few and had very favorable responses from industry pros. They were selling for $350+ each on an 'intro special'.

Peter has been hard at work on 553 type design and no doubt busy with his studio work and family.

Cheers

Matt

Latest posts

Back