Green Pre: I'm ready to buy all the bits... from where?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaotao

Hello, hope all is totally groovesville in DIY land this evening. And we all surpived friday the 13th.

As BYOC has suddenly stopped shipping to the UK i have decided to get in at the deep end with two channels of green pre. Booyah.

So i need the pcbs (peter?), components kit (ptown?), power supply (european) ...erm... stuff, i got me some CAT5 lying around so thats the wires right?

Who is currently offering help with all this stuff at the moment, are there any choices that need to be made, like which version of the green pre, which specific caps or something?

I'm ready, can't wait
l8rs

alo jaotao
as for the components,since you are in the uk,buy from farnell,or rs components.they have everything for the green.
best regards
pedro

Who is currently offering help with all this stuff at the moment, are there any choices that need to be made, like which version of the green pre, which specific caps or something?

Um... The Jolly Green Giant? Hah hah!

I think everyone ships in, and the Green Pre is prob on of the most well documented projects. Look in the META's, I've built a whole META based around the Green.

The only PCB in manufacture right now is V14, which is Peter's latest revision, which includes on board switches and a metering circuit.

If you you are up to doing your own boards Peter has the artwork up on his site for an early version MK1 which is sans on board switches, the metering circuit and the Low Cut filter.

There is also quite bit in the META about caps. Just get the best you can get hold of, personally I use WIMA's for Poly Caps and Rubycons for Lytics.

Oh and while the CAT5 might work for hook up wire you will prob want to use shielded mic cable for the audio ins and out.

Hope that helps

Matt

Back