Any venue/band promoters/organizers in EU?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svart

I've been helping out a local band over the years and they've become pretty good friends of mine. They are looking for help doing some touring in the EU. They've talked to a lot of people who've promised all kinds of things only to find that nobody is following through with their promises. They are even seriously considering doing it on their own regardless of the obvious caveats. they've received really good international feedback, especially Germany and other parts of the EU and is the reason for their European interest.

Check them out:

http://www.myspace.com/todaythemoontomorrowthesun

Any opinions and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Svart

I can put you in touch with a couple of guys (actually my business partners!) who promote gigs at the better venues here in the York (northern England).

They book 3-6 months ahead so keep that in mind.

But it's always difficult for international bands, mostly because they want/need to be paid to meet their costs, yet often have little in the way of pulling power in terms of ticket and beer sales. So it is hard for the promoters to offer much in the way of a guarantee, unless you are getting some kind of press coverage over here.

Having said that, they do get international bands from mainland Europe and the US, so it can be done. But, as always in things musical, don't expect to make money!

Good luck if you decide to DIY the tour.

Stewart

agreed with Stewart, but if they fancy a night in bolton, should be able to sort something, just the money thats the problem :oops:

I thought all the money was in Europe?!?

What can an unknown band with great music but no local draw expect to make in an evening? I know that's an open question, but ballpark figure?

[quote author="Mbira"]I thought all the money was in Europe?!?
[/quote]
Hah! We thought it was all in the US. Or Maybe the former soviet republics. Certainly not here.

What can an unknown band with great music but no local draw expect to make in an evening? I know that's an open question, but ballpark figure?

Ballpark, around zero. Maybe a little less, once petrol and strings and beer are paid for. Sadly. If our guys really like an act and think they're on the way up, they may give them a few quid for petrol etc. But it's so hard to turn a profit on shows in small venues.

[quote author="Mbira"] "out there" [/quote]

Maybe 'out there' is not the North of England! - In bigger cities than York it may be a different story, but in my experience as a touring musician it was always about door take and beer sales.

Latest posts

Back