Guitar Pedals in Mix

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

I'd like to be able to include my pedals into my mixes. Are there any 4-8 channel boxes out there that will basically, reamp (convert the +4 balanced signal to hi-z) and then from the pedals back to +4 balanced again? Even better if I could make one...

Thanks,
Sig

Sounds like you need the Adjusticator
http://www.geofex.com/circuits/Adjusticator.gif
it's a pretty easy build and works great.

well, you could always build some NYDave balanced line to guitar amp interfaces, take the output of you fx pedals to DI boxes and through your preamps back to +4

JLMaudio's dINgO will do this. Joe explained some of the modifications on his forum here: http://www.jlmaudio.com/user/viewtopic.php?t=5

From my calculations - this still comes in cheaper than the Jensen schematics using a transformer (if you have a power supply).

CC

This guy makes the raddest stuff! Has anyone actually purchased these and used them for what I'm talking about?

I would be great to put 4-8 of these into a 1U rack, wire the balanced in and out lines to the patchbay, and then have only 1/4" connectors on the front of the unit to patch in and out of pedals...

Tasty.

What kind of a power supply would work, or is needed for this?

Sig

Here's the adjusticator from above.
This is my very first attempt at a PCB layout so please check for any errors.
This is a single channel version based on the TL071, so you'll have to build 2 (one for pre-pedal and one for post). If the layout seems correct I can move on to a dual channel version based on the TL072 from the above schematic.
theadjusticator.gif

[quote author="Siegfried Meier"]

Tasty.

What kind of a power supply would work, or is needed for this?

Sig[/quote]

I believe the dINgO runs off a 24v +/- supply. I think it could be run on lower depending on the opamps that are selected. I'm planning to rig up a single dINgO into an old DBX900 rack as a reamp. Perhaps if you get your hands on a DBX900 chassis you could do something similar. That would give you 8-9 spaces. If the power supply still works you have 24v bipolar unregulated (I actually installed a JLM powerstation in my DBX900 box) supply. Some volume/impedance knobs on the front - connections in the back (I made my DBX box all 1/4" connectors instead of the terminal strips) and away you go.

Now, your biggest task in all of this is getting the Balanced line to unbalanced and at an impedance that makes the pedal happy. You can always run into your A/D unbalanced and as long as the cables are short you shouldn't have any real worry about noise. The added conversion back to balanced might not be worth the effort (IMO).

CC

Latest posts

Back