Grounding the GSSL ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAYJAYBEE

Just a post to confirm how to ground my GSSL.

OK so the earth pins on the 2 inputs are linked together right.

and the same for the 2 outputs, but are these both then connected to the chassis.

also do i use metal pcb posts (stands) to connect the board to the chassis as 3 of theese are grounded right, and a nylon one for the one that isnt.

what do i do with the earth pin from my iec power inlet, do i just connect it to the chassis also.

I want to get this right as i think its the most important part safety wise, i dont want to die any time soon and worse blow my beloved GSSL.

Is there a wiring schematic anywhere on here i have tried searching but no luck.

cheers doods

IEC ground goes to a point on the chassis. Bolted. This is for safety and must be always attatched to chassis!!

All the other grounds are audio ground and how to ground these is much debated.
What I do, is bring any audio grounds to ONE point (google "star ground") near the safety ground.
I bring it to a binding post. And also extend a binding post to the safety ground.
Then this is where I attatch the audio ground to chassis. (At one point) Or lift easily if I so choose.
Or join other equipments grounds if I so choose.

I use nylons so the pcb doesn't ground anywhere but that point.

This solves hum problems. The other theory of grounding straight at the XLR shields is also done for RF reasons. (google "pin 1 problem")

Hope this helps a little bit.

Latest posts

Back