API Lunchbox power rail specs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangeandbouncy

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here knows what current the power supply of this unit can actually deliver, including what current the +48v rail will deliver? I have emailed API, but no-one has responded. . . .

Many thanks,

ANdyP

Hey Andy,

As far as I know there were variations depending on when the lunchbox was produced.  I think some users had problems with the older 6 space racks and some of the newer thirstier 500 series modules on the market. In response API uprated the 6 space PSU a few years back.  Again from my foggy memory I believe the 10 spacer always had a pretty meaty supply.

There is info on Gearslutz about this, look for info from Nathan from Atlas Pro Audio, I remember him discussing it.

Cheers,
Ruairi

To conform to API/VPR 500 series module specification, a module may draw 130mA max from the +16V rail, -130mA from the -16V rail and 5mA from the +48V rail.

JDB.
[I know, strictly speaking this answers a different question than you were asking]

Back