could buy a lot of regular neutriks for the price of this audiophile XLR

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a page of that site:
The improvements were independent of the "standard methods" of quantifying quality, but special component construction/design reproduced better sound.  Some of these qualities are difficult or impossible to quantify at this time.  This type of scenario has given rise to convictions such as: "For those who have experienced it, no explanation is necessary.....for those who have not, none is possible".  The formally educated side of me is disturbed by this.  None the less, I hear what I hear.  Case in point, the speaker that measures great, but sounds mediocre at best.  You may know the story, but how about the solution?  Simple, all the right variables are not being measured, or identified for that matter.

Fantastic example of  snake oil..
[and Descartes is dead in vain, yes]

audiophile writings always give me the creeps. It doesn't just border on fetish, it clearly is fetish for these people. When you talk about audio, please, at least have your pants on for christs sakes!

Damn I thought neutrik's were expensive  :eek:
Aren't these audiophile guys using exclusively rca's?

And, I must add to this:

I HATE the word "interconnect"

Hi,

Sure they look good, but honestly, what a load of old nonsense! And they use silver for contacts. What a stupid idea. Silver tarnishes WAY-the-Hell quickly. What's wrong with nickel, or whatever neutrik use? I can understand the argument NOT to use gold contacts, since I understand gold is a particularly poor conductor for a metal. My Dad's company make bi-metalic thermostats, and often use silver for contacts for high-current contacts where the slight arcing keeps the contact clean, but on an XLR . . . . .

I love the idea that they are "designed with respect for the audiophile perspective: precision, purity, simplicity, and elegance." Forgive me, but Surely, the prime requirement from an audiophile perspective is how they SOUND isn't it?

That Emperor is stark-bollock naked . . . .

ANdyP

strangeandbouncy said:
I love the idea that they are "designed with respect for the audiophile perspective: precision, purity, simplicity, and elegance." Forgive me, but Surely, the prime requirement from an audiophile perspective is how they SOUND isn't it?

Not when you've got your pants off and are jerking off on equipment. Excuse the crude language, but this is how I have understood the concept of "audiophile".

Latest posts

Back