my kind of console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sodderboy said:
That looks like it is deeper than Rupert's two focusrites.  I guess Perlmutter has a tall assistant to turn his knobs?
Mike

maybe the guy in the picture is the assistant, waiting instructions for the eq sections  ;D

I never found the 8048 at Loho to be "murky". It's a shame that its now private and all that console will be used for is bug-eyed bald guys banging on stuff. 

Did I understand correctly? You have to patch an eq into the monitor path for mixdown? Oh, I forgot. The tracks mix themselves now.

The last time I worked at LoHo was around 1994-1995.  The control room was about 10'x15', the recording room was about 15'x15'x8' and subways would add a nice 80Hz bump to your recording every 10 minutes.  I think they also might have had a Tascam board if I remember correctly.  Yeah, I thought that was murky sounding...  ;)

mushy said:
I never found the 8048 at Loho to be "murky". It's a shame that its now private and all that console will be used for is bug-eyed bald guys banging on stuff. 

Did I understand correctly? You have to patch an eq into the monitor path for mixdown? Oh, I forgot. The tracks mix themselves now.
Was there any bluids on the furniture n' stuff?
Mike

Back