• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Studer 963 28ch console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasdf

GDIY Supporter
Hello

I am selling for friend of mine his Studer 963 console, here are the specs :
28 mic / line / oscillator channels
2 master channels
8 groups / line inputs
4 auxes (AF / PF)
10 comp / lim modules
Test generator channel
Aux Monitor channel
Control Room channel
Extended Patchbay

All I/Os are XLR, on the back for the console.

The console is in working condition, was decommission from a radio station and then set up in his private non smocking climate controlled mixing room where it was loved. Only thing I could notice is the center pot of the mid band EQ being sticky on some channels due to not being used the last past year or so. Nothing a little spray couldn't fix.
The console and various modules sound perfect, and my friend took quite some time to align and trim the channels, resulting in a very precise calibration regarding to levels, noise figure etc.

Cosmetically it has seen a lot of use, but it is overall a beautiful desk. It comes with a homemade channel extender, 5 more patchbay rows, a custom made plexi support for computer keyboard / mouse, some bantam patch cables and some power regulator modules.

The desk is located in Montreuil, France, right next to Paris. As of today the price is 9000 euros, but this does not include shipping.
The console is still in the mixroom and can be tested in full situation with monitors, outboard gear, 32 i/o protools etc.

Please contact me for more info, pictures and serious offers.

Thanks for reading

Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_6756.jpeg
    IMG_6756.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
I have a 12/4, and that is only like 150kg
12/4 is the smaller 962 frame ? it's much lighter than 150kg !! (still heavy little mixer)
won't say the same about 089...which is barely (trans)portable by two guys...despite the 4 robust handles

12/4 is the smaller 962 frame ? it's much lighter than 150kg !! (still heavy little mixer)
won't say the same about 089...which is barely (trans)portable by two guys...despite the 4 robust handles
We had 2pcs 990+the DASH Studer system in the old studio,you can move those only by forklifts:)

you can move those only by forklifts
I know... I had to move two 289 in my -new- place some years ago...completely disassembled them both to be able to do it -by hand-, still heavy sub frame for 3 pples at stairs 😬
Initial pickup where off funny too:cool:

Hope my sound get heavier since :ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Zam

BUMP!

We have a couple of those here (2 and 3 buckets). GREAT little (compact) analog desks. Ours came out of Israel (Bethlehem Channel 1 If I remember correctly) when they decommissioned their publicly owned broadcast stations, and switched to privately owned broadcast stations. These desks were also used by the Canadian Broadcasting thing.

I know... I had to move two 289 in my -new- place some years ago...completely disassembled them both to be able to do it -by hand-, still heavy sub frame for 3 pples at stairs 😬
Initial pickup where off funny too:cool:

Hope my sound get heavier since :ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Zam
I LOVE the 089/189/289's SHHH let's not let anyone know about this series of desks.

Hello

I am selling for friend of mine his Studer 963 console, here are the specs :
28 mic / line / oscillator channels
2 master channels
8 groups / line inputs
4 auxes (AF / PF)
10 comp / lim modules
Test generator channel
Aux Monitor channel
Control Room channel
Extended Patchbay

All I/Os are XLR, on the back for the console.

The console is in working condition, was decommission from a radio station and then set up in his private non smocking climate controlled mixing room where it was loved. Only thing I could notice is the center pot of the mid band EQ being sticky on some channels due to not being used the last past year or so. Nothing a little spray couldn't fix.
The console and various modules sound perfect, and my friend took quite some time to align and trim the channels, resulting in a very precise calibration regarding to levels, noise figure etc.

Cosmetically it has seen a lot of use, but it is overall a beautiful desk. It comes with a homemade channel extender, 5 more patchbay rows, a custom made plexi support for computer keyboard / mouse, some bantam patch cables and some power regulator modules.

The desk is located in Montreuil, France, right next to Paris. As of today the price is 9000 euros, but this does not include shipping.
The console is still in the mixroom and can be tested in full situation with monitors, outboard gear, 32 i/o protools etc.

Please contact me for more info, pictures and serious offers.

Thanks for reading

Thomas
Maybe this will help.

Attachments

• hfe_studer_963_brochure_en.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
What outputs are on the back? Group outputs? Direct outputs? Thanks

I’d need to get back there and double check but IIRC, they all are available on the back, XLR format yes. Please DM me if interested and I can send more pictures. Thanks

Latest posts

Back