how to store trx

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

what is the best way to store audio transformers ( if you have many, waiting to be soldered)
should there be min distance between them, and facing 90degree criss_crossed, or just chuck them all in a box?

:eek:

my hundreds of transformers share same boxes without any distance or orientation.

however, keep cheap ones away from expensive ones!!!
OPE might infect your expensive Jensen :D

and sort them by color, use one box for API, one for Neve, one for swedish or german iron!
if you have too much iron even use different boxes for Haufe, Pikatron, Lundahl etc.
or, up to taste: Mic Input / Line Input / Line Output etc

Makes finding them later much easier ;D ;D ;D

cheers

[silent:arts] said:
:eek:

my hundreds of transformers share same boxes without any distance or orientation.

you are always welcomed if you ever wanna store them in Turkey  ;D ;D ;D

And of course, don't forget to rotate your transformers clockwise 90 degrees, each full moon - otherwise their magnetic flux paths will become unbalanced!

. ;D

Seriously, I think they only thing you'd want to do is keep them away from extremely STRONG magnets and be careful no to bend pins or rip wires out.

haima said:
And of course, don't forget to rotate your transformers clockwise 90 degrees, each full moon - otherwise their magnetic flux paths will become unbalanced!

. ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
this is a killer one
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back